Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My kids

I have a lot of kids....
No, not my own, but kids I call my own and love like my own.
I am usually talking about a child that isn't my own when I say "my kids" in a sentence.

One possibility is my Primary kids (last summer, but still were my kids). They were so cute! I loved it! It was always fun to tell stories about them.
Then, I might be talking about my students. I LOVE teaching. It's my life. I love being there and learning from these crazy kids!
Then, there are the little loves of my life. My nieces and nephews. I miss them so much! I have a screensaver that makes me miss them so much!! It's not a healthy screensaver sometimes. It can provoke tears and then I'm crying about things I wasn't crying about or worried about beforehand. It can be a mess.
Last week, that happened to me. It wasn't a splendid day. I got lots of things wrong, I made lots of mistakes, but I was surviving and then boom! In comes my screensaver to interrupt my recovery and whacks me with my kids who I don't know when I'll see next. It wasn't fair. I've mostly recovered... I think a video chat this weekend will help a lot. I miss those adorable children!

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

I miss the Arkansas kids terribly too. Looking forward to some time with them in June.
Have fun with your students. Time flies and you'll soon be on to a classroom of your own.