Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween!!

I LOVE Octobler.
The reason I put Octobler instead of October is because my maiden name is Tobler. And when you type t-o-b...you automatically put l-e-r in as well. So we call it Octobler.

I LOVE dressing up. It's always fun. Sadly, I usually use my best costumes before Halloween instead of the day of.
Here are some pictures of the festivities.

These are the pumpkins that J and I carved with Emily.
Left to right: J's, mine, Em's scared one, and Em's scary one.
We didn't get to this one, so I finished it on Friday. It's a ghost flying over a graveyard! :)
J with our pumpkins.

On Friday, J's boss invited us to a party at his home. We were supposed to bring a treat or two. So we brought two of our favorite Halloween Snacks.

The first is Deviled Eggs with Spiders on top.
I know, it's weird that I took pictures of the process, but I was having fun. :)

I only split ONE egg. Man, I'm good!!
The ingredients. A couple spoonfuls of Mayo, a couple squirts of mustard, about 2 Tbsp relish, and a bunch of shakes of this All-spice. We really like this seasoning.
The result: YUM.
Then, cut your olives in half, use a half for the body, then cut the other into fourths and then halves of those fourths so that the legs are shorter.


The other thing we made was used Q-Tips. Gross, I know, but awesome.
Last year, we cut off the ends of Q-tips and used the box, but this time, we bought toothpicks and that worked out well.

So it's Marshmallows, Butterscotch-melted in the microwave at half power 30 seconds at a time and stirring between each-, and let it sit for a bit. Really easy.


This is my hot hubby on Friday before work. The employees of Scentsy were having a trick or treat at the offices, so his entire department dressed up as Tim Burton film characters.
The VP-J's dad, even dressed up as Tim Burton.
Each group chose a film. J's was Nightmare Before Christmas. Another group did Alice in Wonderland.
Then, each of the floors were available to go to by family members and they all decorated. Very creative and fun.

Here's Jack Skellington.
His mom made the bat tie. I can't claim it. :)
Here's Jack's transformation...
For the party, we were a Knight and Lady. J's mom made both of these outfits, too. Very cool. We had fun with it.
On Halloween day, I made Pumpkin Soup. A tradition for my family is that mom makes pumpkin soup and dad orders pizza. So I made pumpkin soup, had Tyler and Emily try it, and had pizza for if they didn't like it... They liked it. Not love, but like is good enough to me. :)

Here's when the timer didn't work... heehee
We looked great. :)
I think Em won, though.
Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: