Tuesday, August 7, 2012

36 Weeks and a baby shower!

Taken August 5

*We had a Share N Swap at my church. Lots of people brought old clothes to donate and we also had brand new school supplies. Then, anyone could come and take what they needed. It was a great outreach for the community. I got to sit in the hallway and give handouts for the open house we're going to have this Friday.

*(I just realized I put this next bullet point on the wrong week. I am so aware of my actions, it's insane...) We had our last birthing class this week. It was a good conclusion. We talked about post-partum. The loveliness afterwards with the longest period of your life, the fact that I'll be emotional still, but mostly the beautiful baby you get to take home. I really am so thrilled to meet this little guy! I can't wait to see how he looks, who he is, what he does...So excited.

*Last Friday was my baby shower and since I live a lot closer to my friends than my mother in law does, we had it at my house. So on Thursday, I put my husband to work. I finished dishes and he swept, mopped, moved things around, and did a lot of work during commercials of the Olympics. :)

*Then the baby shower! More on that later

*Saturday, we saw the Amazing Spiderman. Great movie. I cried twice. Sheesh.

*Sunday there were 3 baby blessings. Wow! J brought up that possibly the next time we're in a Fast and Testimony meeting, we will be blessing our own baby. (that's if we're not there on September 2 which I hope is the case.)

*We played DnD with J's family on Sunday night. It was fun and epic.

*Dr appointment went well. Gained enough weight, bp looks good, baby's heartbeat is good. She answered some questions, allowed me to go to my last band concert under very strict conditions, and we had a nice visit. I'm a TEENSY bit dilated-about a fingertip. woot! So this baby's stickin around for a while...


Now for some pictures!


This is right before the shower of Kristin hanging up her K. She painted piano Keys on it! So very cute!


Kristin put a baby being born in the mailbox. Awkward and funny.

Everyone got to give the baby advice. A different spin on giving advice. Usually you give advice to the mommy or the bride in bridal showers. But I like this because it's different and made everyone think. We got some really cute responses.

Scentsy's Velata made an appearance. SOOO yummy.

Baby faces!

We all went in to the baby's room to see the wall and everything. 
I am so proud of this room! And I can't wait for the X!

The refreshments table (without the fruit and juices)

Party favors! Boy colored nail polish! Very cute idea.

Jana, Nicole, and Krystle

Maria, Beverly, and Shelley

Kristin, Linda, and Denise

Tami and Cassandra

Tanya and Carmi (teachers from my favorite school)
Carmi said she found out she had jury duty and her first thought was, "I can't have Grace! What'll I do??" So nice to be needed! 
I'm so glad they came!

Opening a couple presents. I got a lot of very cute things. 
This little boy is gonna look studly.



Cassandra's son, Griffin. He's a cute boy. We're excited that Little Mr will have an automatic friend just 2 streets away.

Here's everything! We got a lot of very cute things! Thanks so much to everyone who came and gave us something. We feel so very loved and cared for. I'm quite excited about it all.

The cute banner that Tami and I made for the shower. It keeps falling down, but we've tried to leave it up!

3 comments:

Tami P said...

I am so lad everything turned out for the shower! BTW, you are such a cute pregnant girl!

Jana said...

The shower was SO fun; I loved the twist on advice cards. And your alphabet wall is amazing - I loved seeing it in person after seeing previews of some of the letters here on the blog. You'll have so much fun telling 'little mister' the stories behind each letter as he grows up!!

Musings from Minnesota said...

Fun, fun and lots of adorable gifts. It's hard to believe that Liz's little sister is going to be a mommy. Take care. Can't wait to see the cute little one.