Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Brag-post

So! Today is where my blogpost is going to be a brag-post...
If you don't want to find out how awesome I am, move along. :)

I just need to get out there that I'm quite proud of myself and the little things I can do!

I can crochet!
I'm best with squares.
Therefore, I make baby blankets and scarves. One year in high school, I made all of my friends scarves. 
Now I make baby blankets. I'm working on one and need to get yarn for another.

This one, I think I put a picture on here a while ago. It's yellow and brown so that, hopefully, either a boy or a girl could use it. It was sold at J's extended family's reunion last year.

This one I made in 2 days. That's right folks. 2. 
It's blue and black. Kinda cool.
This was for one of J's coworkers.

This one is my most recent blanket I've made. I made it for my cousin's daughter, Evelyn. 
It's yellow and white and turquoise and white.
It's beautiful.



This is a ruffle bum onesie I made for my friend who's due on Thursday! Yippee! let's hope this little girl comes soon! I can't wait to meet her!!!

In church, I work with the 12-18 year olds doing Personal Progress. It's an awesome program where they set goals, achieve them, work hard, and gain a testimony of the gospel of Christ. Pretty awesome, right??
So this year, there is a new curriculum for their classes the 3rd hour of church. Each month has a topic that is basic to the gospel and the teacher is to facilitate conversation and enhance conversation rather than preach and tell.
It's fabulous. (especially from a teacher's point of view)

So every month, I make a handout and it somehow relates to the Personal Progress goals.

This one is about repentance. I tied it into the laundry detergent TIDE and got an acronym (shout out to J, Kristin, and John for figuring out the acronym. You rock!)

This one was about the Plan of Happiness. We are here on earth to make choices, learn from them, repent, and hopefully return to live with our Heavenly Father. So I made a handout about how our choices need to be the best we can make.


This was a month about the restoration of the Lord's gospel to the earth. Since there was no priesthood power on the earth since Christ's apostles, the gospel had to be restored through a prophet, just like in every apostasy and restoration. I have a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith and that he truly restored the gospel.


On a less spiritual note, I am crafty in my garden!!
I think it's beautiful this year!!

I'm also really into doing hair. :) It's fun! And surprisingly easy! I first tried in college on my FHE sister, Shayna. And it worked! So I kept going! I did Amy's hair-she had tons of hair, so that was exciting! and then I did my hair for formals and even my own wedding. So I've gotten good with updos and playing around. I've told my sis in law that she better have me do her hair for her wedding... :)

So there's a girl at church who goes to lots of pretty, fancy dances and stuff and I told her I did hair! 
She asked me to do it! Woot!
Here it is!

Cool, huh? the light from the flash kinda distorts it a little, but I think it still works.

I did this for my fancy Valentine's dinner

This was a bride's hair that I did at the end of March. We did 2 practices because the silly girl (xoxo) didn't know what she wanted!
So I did an updo and down, curly with a little pulled back. She asked me to do it down, curly with a little back for the ceremony and then pull it up for the reception. But when she got tons of compliments and really liked it down, she then asked me to just touch up the curls.

This is how it looked at the reception. So pretty! Especially since she always has pin-straight hair. 
It was cool.

This next one is really silly, but it's still creative and pretty awesome.
I am building princesstopia in minecraft.
These are Cinderella's and Rapunzel's places. Pretty cool.

Then!! 
We got a swing set from friends who moved to Arkansas (crazy, huh?) from here in Idaho.
It was missing a piece, so we added that white part on the closer a-frame.

It also had a really yucky swing with rusted chains and a broken plastic thingy. Not exactly what I wanted children swinging on!! So we bought a new, blue soft plastic swing from Lowes!

The previous owners also had IKEA swings. One baby and one kid kind. They were kinda rough and worn, so I sanded and stained them!!!



Aaaaaand since:

Here's a picture of my cute little man! :)

Thanks for reading all of my bragging!! :)

11 comments:

York Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
York Family said...

I'm so glad the swingset worked out for you! I always thought of staining those swings but never got around to it. Great job!

York Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
York Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
York Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
York Family said...

Not sure what happened, but I guess my one comment turned into 5. Just feel extra special :-)

Tami P said...

I love it! It's nice to take time and appreciate our talents. You are awesome!

Jana said...

Um, if I were that talented every one of my blog posts would be a 'brag' post :). You are SO good at hair; I seriously plan on taking advantage of that at some point in the future... and the swings turned out super cute. My boys loved playing on that the other night!! And I love those handouts for the YW; you're perfect for that calling!!

Jana said...

P.S. I totally thought you were announcing you were pregnant for a minute, so thanks for waking me up this morning!!

Maria Mae said...

You are a muy bueno human being! So proud!:)

Emily said...

Grace, you are awesome!!! I have to learn one of these days! I have a total love for all my G-mas blankets she made me over the years! I'm so mean because I keep requesting them every year! I'll have to post some that she has made me, I think the one with the giant roses is my favorite that she made. You would love it! Keep it up and one of these days when you get bored- come and teach me! ( my MIL has shown me and I did a 4 inch chain, but I need to sit down and really learn!)