Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Heading home from Arkansas

Normally, I don't think that going home from somewhere requires an entire blog post.
Except for this one.
It was the longest time I've taken to fly anywhere ever. (that made total sense. don't worry.)
So we were to head home on Dec 3. Our flight was somewhere early in the morning like 7. 
We got to the airport at 5 and found the longest line I've ever seen to check in. 
A lady in line said to her friend that online it said our flight was 7 hours delayed. WHAT?!?!?! 
We looked it up, freaked out, called United, and got it as sorted out as we could.
We decided to go back to my parents' place for the night and leave the next day. We'd leave in the afternoon, fly in to Chicago instead of Denver (? I think?), and get to Salt Lake that night, spend the night at J's cousin's place, and drive up to Nampa the next day. 

This is C going up the escalator, down the escalator, up, down, up, down, up, down for a long time while Daddy got things figured out.

Mom came and picked us up and C promptly fell back asleep on the way home. (All those tears saying goodbye that morning were wasted since I saw her and Dad later that day!!)

I really enjoyed staying just a little bit longer. Everything feels so rushed when you have a set time to leave. So when you get an extra day, you're able to relax and enjoy rather than rush. 
Mom and Dad took us out to dinner and we bought a christmas tree!

(p.s. my mom is the sweetest, most amazing, wonderful, cutest ladies I've EVER known. And will ever know.)

Reading with Daddy

The next morning, we decorated the Christmas tree. C loved the ornaments.

Remember the y'all shirt? My sister got one, too! It was funny because every time one of us wore it, the other did as well. "It's like we have ESPN or something!"

So we were off to Chicago! 2 hours late. Sooo annoying! It wasn't enough time to warrant having my parents pick me up again, so we stuck it out at the airport. Everyone knew the adorable boy with the blue eyes who walked around and around asking for their food.
The flight was ok. :)

THANKFULLY, he fell asleep. It's exhausting because he just needs so much attention but wants his space!!



We got to Chicago quite a bit later than our flight to Salt Lake left. So while J went to demand a hotel room, C and I ran round and around and around.

We didn't get a room for free, but we got our flight figured out for the next morning and a coupon for hotels.
This is C and me on the way to the hotel in Chicago.

Brochures are excellent at occupying a 15 month old who has been bored and needing his space for the last day, pretty much!

He zonked quickly and J and I ordered overpriced, but still yummy, pizza that got there at 10 pm. Ugh.

So, wearing dirty, used clothes, we got on another plane the next morning. (we had the big bag checked back on the 3rd) There were Brazilians on the row in front of us who loved speaking Portuguese with J and playing with C. He loved them and asked to sit with them frequently, and, bless them, they took him for a little here and there. I should have slept for those 5 minutes… :)

We got to Salt Lake, J's cousin took us to her house, where our car was, fed us, and let us change clothes, and we were off to drive the 6 hours back home.
It took forever. We were exhausted. Thankfully, the drive home was uneventful. I did, however, have to sing to myself the last hour to keep myself awake. Yikes!


No comments: