Monday, May 5, 2014

Easter

Easter was a lovely time! It came after a crazy few days getting the youth ready for their Roadshow. 3 nights in a row of prep, dress rehearsal, and then the performance.

Easter Sunday was a beautiful, bright, spring day. 
C got an adorable church outfit from his Aunt K, so we all matched him as best as we could.
I didn't get a picture of it, because Easter Sunday also brought an angry toddler to the group. 
Holy. Moly.
I tell you what, he was insanely grumpy! All day! 
He went to Nursery pretty happy, but when his usual teachers left to be replaced by substitutes, he was NOT ok with it. He cried and cried and cried. So they found J, who was teaching music in Primary, who then found me. I was teaching about Charity in Gospel Principles! (impromptu. the teacher who was supposed to be teaching that day didn't quite plan very well…)
So J came to me, because C was wailing for his mama. I had to step out. Thankfully, Maria took over the rest of the lesson, and I assume it went well. 
C calmed down with both of us there together, but was NOT ok with one without the other. So I skipped Young Women's and hung out in Primary. He promptly stole some (willing) kid's candy and did Popcorn Popping with the senior Primary. He loved it. Silly boy.


J's family through his Mom has a tradition.
They decorate their Easter Eggs-really well, too. It's kind of a serious affair.
Then they take them to a hill. This hill is a very specific hill. It needs to be steep, a little rocky, and straight. There's a park in Eagle where we've found a favorite hill.
We hike to the top, put the eggs on the ground, and release. Egg rolling.
It's strangely fun to watch them crack and split and explode when you roll the yolk only.

These are the eggs we rolled with J's family. (forgot a before picture…..)

Saturday, J's parents flew off to Hawaii, so we invited friends over! I'm sad we didn't get a picture with everyone, but it was lovely!
The Aja's came after lunch and decorated eggs while C was asleep. We decorated outside on our new patio furniture. (lime green. I love it)

My egg. On the back of my spring tree egg, it says "He is risen."

C's egg -a ball!

J's egg. A ferocious orc named Argonon from our DND game

Then we took our eggs to a hill here in Nampa that would have to do for proximity reasons. It was by a train track and steep, but had a turn. Most of our eggs got stuck there. But it was fun! 
The Aja's didn't think we were terribly insane afterwards! :)

Andrew, Salem, and Miriam. 

Then we went home and cooked. 
I made ham, ham sauce, new potatoes and sour cream, and green beans. Miriam provided yummy rolls.
As we were sitting down, the other couple, the Jones', called me. Becky had been feeling sick, so their attendance was iffy. She was feeling better and wanted to know how comfortable we were if they came.
Of course, they came and ate the yummy food!

I sent this picture to my Dad who was in Russia at the time. He sent back "Wish I were there" 
I was sooooo proud of myself cooking a meal to make my Dad want to be in Idaho instead of a fancy place in Russia! Hoorah!!

After dinner, we put eggs out in the yard for Becky's 2 year old, Hyrum, and C to look for.
It was fun to see C figure out what was in these eggs and that he wanted to find them. I loved it.




Then it was off to bed for most of the kids. We have a crib, a play pen, and a moses basket, so we were able to put most kids to bed! 

Once the littles were in bed, we played a game whose name escapes me now, but it was fun! It's a haunted house game where one of your friends turns against you. It's kind of fun and intense and creepy. I think J's sister, K would LOVE it. :)

It was a lovely Easter. 
I realize as I write all of these festivities down that I didn't say much about the Savior. 
I am thankful for a day in which to remember such wonderful love. It's a day of new beginnings, new hope, and a day to remember that we are saved from His gracious gift of the atonement. I am so indebted to Him and am thankful for Him. Through Him, all things are possible. Even a cranky, tired, 20 month old and a stressed out hostess are able to be dealt with because of Him. ;)

No comments: