Saturday, April 26, 2014

That Boy.

There is this boy. 
He stole my heart.
He knows how to make me cry.
He knows how to comfort my tears.
He is the silliest boy around.
He has had me wrapped around his finger since he was born.
He calls me Mommy.

I love this silly boy.

I love that he puts silly things on and thinks he looks awesome.

I love him when he makes me mad.

I love him when he "helps me"

I love that he frightens me while I'm showering by kicking the wall between us.
I love that he loves classical music.

I love that he knows how to turn on the TV and hold a controller. (one day, I won't love that, but it's dang cute.)

I love that he loves so freely.

I love his zest for life and accomplishments.

I love his cheesy grins.

I love that this is the kind of picture he takes of himself.

I love that he loves crayons. (I pulled out my crayon tower to color with him once and he gave a hushed wow)

I love that look.

And that one.

I love that his family loves him. His Gma T gave him 2 books.
I love that he makes awesome animal noises.

I love that he loves his Aunt "Kriti"

I love that he likes being with me.
….Even though his face doesn't show it sometimes...

 I love that spiky haired, bruised head of his.

I love his sense of humor.

I love that he lets me do silly things with him like hold him like that.

I love that he asked to put on my sunglasses and then kept them on long enough for me to wake up my phone for a picture.

I love those little hands.
I love how much he loves his Daddy.

I love that he loves Disney.
I love that I was able to take this picture and then go outside to weed and he didn't move. 
The. Whole. Time.

I love that he does silly things so often.

I love the look he gave me here.
I love that he loves books.

I love that he took this off of his head, then put it back on when I asked him to so I could take a picture. 

I love that he loves the stuffed animals we gave him and that were mine.

I love that he snuggles. 

I love that he basically asked me to take this picture and posed for it.

I am so blessed to be this kid's mommy. 
He is so adorable.
So funny.
So goofy.
So caring.
So frustrating.
So boy.
So kind.
So forgiving.
So persistent.
So loving.

I saw this picture online and it made me pause in my frustration at having a toddler who needs me so much and just needs and needs.
I have someone who loves me and needs me and wants me. 
I should never take that for granted and hope to be the mommy he sees me as.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love that you have this recorded as a such a perfect representation of life right now! Clark is a doll :).