Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The end of April

We're going to finish up April real quick here…


C massaging my back with the hand massager he uses as a toy. :) 

Recently, J asked me if we should worry that C reads more than he plays and interacts…
Some might worry. I am just thrilled. I have a book worm. My boy LOVES books!!! His shelf of cardboard books is now all the way full!!! 
Not only is he a book worm, but a goober… :) 

He put all of his stuffed animals next to me and on me and then when I got up a little later, he sat with them. So cute. 

Tami and I went to the mall to wander around. It was a nice hangout and lovely to get away from the house for a bit of girl time! We tried on some very expensive lip gloss and got See's Candy, had some McDonald's, and saw some cool things. It was fun. :) 

My boy likes cuddles sometimes. I love those times. 

Flying cars? Unheard of! 

I like breakfast burritos. When I was little, my dad brought home breakfast burritos from McDonald's and I fell in love. In college, I put together eggs, salsa, cheese and put it on a tortilla. 
Most of the time, J will eat it, but doesn't ever seek it out.
So I got inventive this time.
I got breakfast sausage and green pepper and cooked those up. Then added eggs, salsa and cheese. It was really yummy.
That reminds me. 
That night, I was so busy/stressed/working hard, that I got too much pressure behind my eyes. 

I was making a dinner for someone in the ward who'd just had a baby and it was my first time. I was also making the breakfast burritos for the first time and then something was going on after all of that. I was stressed. 
So during dinner, my vision started to go away. I thought it was the brightness of the outside reflecting in my glasses. But then it persisted. It looked like the fuzzy screen on a tv was creeping in through my vision. I felt extremely vulnerable. And terrified. I thought I was going blind!! 
J said he had asked the eye dr once about it and was told it was just blood pressure in the veins behind his eyes and to just relax. That was hard since I was panicking!! :)
When I dropped off the meal, I could barely see. It was frightening. I felt all drugged up since I couldn't see. Kind of like how you feel weirdly drugged up when you get your eyes dilated. 
Vulnerable and weird.
It went away by the time we got to our next event though. So strange. (don't worry, J drove)

C likes shoes. He likes to put them away for us. It's pretty cute. He also likes to put them on, of course. So here he is putting on Daddy's shoes.

I got splashed a bit during this bath-time! 

 He also loves to color. Oh my goodness does he love to color! (gets it from  his mommy)
I LOVE coloring. It is a way to be creative without it looking stupid. I love being creative, but I can't draw worth squat. C loves his crayons and coloring and asks to color almost every day. This day, he asked me to color with him. I got out my special crayons and joined him. It was fun.

I had one of my Mia Maids babysit for us while we performed in our Spring Concert. 
When it was time to pay her, I offered to go to her Dance Recital instead. She jumped on it! She was so happy to have someone else come to it! 
So I brought my little date.
He was amazing.
He sat quietly (much better than the 3month-older girls in front of us…) and clapped when the songs were over. If someone taller sat in front of him, he would climb onto my lap to see better. It was adorable. I loved it so much.


 By the end of April, my garden had finally been warm and watered enough to get weeded and cleaned up a little. It was fun to see what came back in the spring!
I had ranunculus come back too! They usually don't, so that was really cool!
April was a good month! On to May!

No comments: