Monday, December 1, 2014

32 Weeks: A new Blanket, a Darling boy, Nails, A 5 year Anniversary, A shower

Here's 32 Weeks!
I mentioned the snow before, right? Serious snow!!! We still had it allll over everywhere. People were in so many accidents. I know someone who was going west on the freeway and through a series of slippery parts, ended up crossing the median and going east on the freeway. Thankfully no one was hurt. Just to show how crazy it was!
Feeling pretty good. Cramped for space, but good. 
This Sunday, I definitely texted a few people to ask which scarf I should wear… Yeah, I'm pathetic without my husband. :)
Picture taken November 16

Monday, this kiddo decided he wanted to take a bath. Who am I to deny cleanliness? One day, I'll be demanding it and missing the days when he just asked for it! So he took a bath. Here, he's kissing the other C. lol

We got an early Christmas present from Nana T in Arkansas! It's a new, big quilt for his Choo Choo bed! And she made some pillow cases to match! IT's DARLING!!!
This kid is so excited about it! 
This was him celebrating a new blanket by reading on it.
 Then jumping.
We love this blanket! So beautiful!

The next morning, he wanted to jump some more and wanted me to take pictures. :)

Here, he has baby bat under his shirt like Mommy has baby brother under hers. :)

Wednesday, J got to teach the youth about Brazil. He taught some phrases, played some music, wore shorts and flip flops, and I made pao de queijo (cheese bread in tiny muffin form) in the kitchen with this kiddo.
It was a hit! Afterwards, I heard a lot of kids using portuguese and not the other languages. :)

 Ah, The sadness of this picture. C was helping me unload the dishwasher and we had a casualty. I was able to teach him that broken glass is unsafe and to be very careful with glass things. I'm sad that we don't have the even amount of glasses anymore, but it's just a drinking glass. :)

I sent this pic to J and he said "He's going to be a great big brother."
Oh my heart.

I love these pictures that C takes.
I also love these toes.

Thursday night, J had Tithing Settlement, so I had a girls night!
Amanda and Miriam came over and we did some gelish nails!
I love painted nails! Makes me very happy!

This was C's form of holding my hand recently. It was adorable with him just resting his hand on my arm.

Friday the 21 was our 5 year anniversary!!!
We had a big date planned. It was my turn to plan (I get the odd years and he gets the even ones), so I got us a fantastic deal at the Anniversary Inn.
First, we dropped off C at Nana C's house for a sleepover.
Then we went to Applebee's for dinner and got Maleficent to watch on the 50 inch screen we would be able to use!
We got there at about 8:30.

Here's the exterior

We had the Marble House suite. It was half off for the month of November.
I'm kind of extremely proud of the fact that I got that awesome deal.

Here's the beautiful room!

 There was classical music playing on the tv, there was sparkling cider in the... (what is that called??) silver-thing-over-there… there were bathrobes… the couch was a rocking couch with a footstool, you could turn on the fireplace for some pretty lighting, each of the chandeliers could dim...

There were two stairways up to the bathtub. 
The coolest part of the jetted tub was that you could have a shower in it. There was a long narrow space in the ceiling where water would pour down like a waterfall if you switched a lever in the tub. Pretty cool.

The bed was comfy and so pretty.

There were cheesecakes in the fridge -one with chocolate syrup and one with raspberry syrup- which we ate during Maleficent. (We hadn't seen it before and LOVED it!)
 I was nervous about sleeping without my body pillow. I've needed my body pillow to go between my legs for a few weeks now to help my hips hurt less. But I didn't want to bring a body pillow to the Anniversary Inn. That didn't feel romantic…
But I slept great! Hooray!!

At 9, we got our breakfast delivered to our room. J had a ham and cheese croissant and I had a cinnamon roll. Then we each got a parfait, and we both chose a milk with OJ for J and hot cocoa for me. It was yummy!

We had access to DirecTV while we were there. Most of the Saturday morning channels had stuff like "buns of steel!" on, so we found Finding Nemo and went for that while we ate breakfast. :)

I love sparkling cider.



I love this man so much!!!
He is so wonderful!!
In our 5 years, we have had some adventures!!

Year one (09-10): 
Went to school, 
he tutored, 
lived at his parents' place for the summer, 
then returned to school.

Year two (10-11): 
Moved to Nampa for Student Teaching, 
got SCUBA certified,
went to Hawaii, 
lived in a 1 room house, 

Year three (11-12):
Found out we were pregnant on Christmas Day
bought a house,
had a baby,
got to be parents

Year four (12-13):
Went to Disney World,
Loved the adventure of parenthood,
juggled being in band and a kiddo,
went to the ER for C's seizures,
lost a job

Year 5 (13-14):
Bought our first Christmas tree,
loved our simple Christmas,
managed to not lose hardly any money while unemployed,
Found a new job!,
found out about baby number 2!,
Made a vegetable garden,
lost most of a job,
enjoyed a beautiful anniversary together

So for this next year, we will hopefully:
Enjoy another simple Christmas,
have another baby,
find another job,
love being parents to two beautiful boys,
potty train one boy? yuck…
save some money,
love fully,
laugh often,
and smile always. :)



I am the luckiest girl alive. I have a sweet husband, I have comforts and ease and I am loved so very much.

Ok, moving on from all my sappiness. :) 

C enjoyed his time with Nana. He barely cared when we came to pick him up. I loved the break, but was happy to see him and J hadn't really seen him more than 1 hour total in the previous 48 hours, so he was anxious to see him. :)
C had eaten his entire meal (tacos… he doesn't like tacos!! Nana has a gift.)
he only woke up once or twice in the night but went to bed well
and he learned the alphabet in sign language. I'll get it on video. he's amazing.

We ate lunch at J's mom's and then went to our house so C could nap and she and I could go to a baby shower!

My sweet, wonderful friend, Becky threw me a baby shower!
We asked for diapers and seasonal clothing since he'll be born in the opposite season C was.
We had an outpouring of love. I am so blessed and just blown away by the love and care.

J's friend from high school made this little diaper baby. :)

They wrote on NB diapers some notes for when I'm doing midnight changes. I'm so excited to read them all!


We had no-bake cookies and cupcakes and wheat thins with milk *thumbs up!

We did a telictionary-pictionary and telephone- game and laughed hysterically at the page that went from "Arriving at the hospital" to "water breaking during testimony meeting" Hilarious.
They wrote cute notes on a paper that had spaces for different predictions: one person thinks he'll be 13 inches long. :) Most think J will be playing video games when I go into labor. And they all expect him to be just a darling baby. :)


We had 3 pregos there. One who is being induced in just a few days, me, and Cassandra who is due a month after me with a second boy as well!

Miriam (right) hosted the event and put up decorations and Becky (left) planned and executed the whole thing.
I am so lucky!!

Like I said. Lucky. I got tons of diapers (no size 2, funny huh?), some darling clothes, and some really cool gadgets and toys! :)

Some pictures during the shower




Baby Carma found a friend on the diaper box and cooed and giggled at the baby for a long time. It was darling.

Such a wonderful week! I'm so lucky and just blown away. I can't say it enough!! I love my sweet friends!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is an impressive haul! What sweet friends!!

Unknown said...

I loved reading this! I especially loved your timeline of your marriage adventures so far. You have learned a lot and have experienced much joy!