Tuesday, November 25, 2014

31 Weeks! Starting off the Holidays, snow! and about the Job

Here is November 9
Week 31! 
Feeling pretty good-pregnancy wise. I struggled a LOT over the last few days-Thurs, Fri, and Sat- with feeling down. It was hard not to feel like my world was crumbling at the WORST time ever. 
I was struggling to hold on to what I'd been promised. J had work issues even though he was promised to have his job work out. It didn't make sense. When J wasn't around, I struggled with being positive and not letting doubt and frustration keep me underwater.
This was my first week flying solo with C while J was up on the stand the whole Sacrament meeting.
Thankfully, it went well. C was able to go sit with J for the closing hymn if he was good, so he was really excited about that. He ran up and stood on his tip toes to make sure that Daddy was watching him, then ran around to the stairs to climb up to the stand. He loves his daddy.
Since he had meetings all morning, the pictures are from after church.

But this kid is still darling!

And he takes some awesome pictures. :)

I did something I NEVER do on that Monday.
Since my mood was dismal, I decided I needed to change things up a bit and add some sparkle back in.
I started listening to Christmas music.
I know.
Terrible, right?
Normally, Christmas music doesn't make its debut until the day after Thanksgiving while I blast it during decoration time.
but if you need some pick me up music, this is where it's at.
I'm turning into one of those people who is now linking Thanksgiving with Christmas. 
Don't freak out, I'm not eliminating Thanksgiving!
To me, Thanksgiving is when I prepare for Christmas. Christmas is a time to celebrate Christ and remember the gift that our Heavenly Father gave us when He sent His son those 2000 years ago. Should we not be thankful for that gift? What better time to be thankful for that gift than at Thanksgiving time?
So that's my justification this year. We'll see what I do next year. Hopefully we don't have another incident like this year and last year, though…

so this is C looking at the screen while Christmas music played on my Spotify station. I thought it was cute.
Turned into a confession… Yikes...

Picture taken by C

I love this kid's creativity and how he explores. And I love seeing evidence that he watches me.
(at the time that I'm writing this, he has started to stick out his tummy like mommy)

My smart, creative boy made some animals with his legos. 
This is a giraffe. Best part? There's a giraffe lego behind him, but he still made one himself.
So stinkin proud.

We decided it's time to get a booster seat. C's little brother will use the high chair when he's old enough, so it was time to upgrade C's chair. He loves it.

At my YW in Excellence the previous week, my in-laws came.
They are so supportive of me. I'm very grateful. 
They even brought me roses! So beautiful! I kept forgetting to get pictures of them, so here's one that was still looking beautiful a week later. :)

And here's my other prize of the evening! I got my YW recognition award! I'm so proud! Now I'm on to do the rest of the requirements like the girls! Woot!

Sweet, wonderful Becky decided that she would throw me a baby shower and gave me the go-ahead to invite people to the event on Facebook.
This was the texting conversation that then commenced.
I love it.

This is C's hand that he traced himself, I'm pretty sure.

Selfie

I like his perspective. 

Thursday that week, we woke to snow on the ground! So pretty!

We rushed out the door to play a little in the snow and then came in to enjoy our time most of the day with Daddy.


It snowed aaaalllllllll day and through the night. This was Friday afternoon. Wearing him out before nap time.



I see pretty things and then wish that humankind wasn't there to ruin the picture.
So imagine this without the trucks and storage places in the background. :)

While Daddy shoveled, C wanted to draw with chalk. Those M,N, and O's are still there 2 weeks later. Who knew that drawing on wet cement made it so much darker and last so much longer?

the cutie pie had tromped through snow and doesn't have boots, so his legs were wet and frozen. I took off his pants and socks and bundled him up and made hot chocolate. 
I love this grin.
Such a ham.

Saturday, C and I went to Walmart. I had an icky cold and was dying for some real sudafed. 
When we walked up to the store front, a big firetruck was there, a tank, and Santa! It was the Marine's Toys for Tots program starting up.
But I forgot my phone in the car! So we went in, bought our stuff, dropped stuff off at the car, and went back for pictures.
The firetruck had left, but C went right up to Santa and let him hold him! much better than last year's screaming and squirming away! :)

I love that even though he has NO idea who Santa is, he's still mesmerized by him.

then, we got to get in the tank!
So here's C climbing up!

And now sitting in the gunner's seat. Made Daddy jealous.

I got up to the top with quite a bit of help and got the nice army guy to take C's picture inside the tank. This is the guy who was taking the picture. Cramped space, I think! :)
Getting down was interesting. I said "man, I probably shouldn't be up here at almost 32 weeks pregnant!" It was funny though.

Another of C's perspectives. 

Both J and I had the same cold, so we were stuck to ourselves for a few days. But when it was Saturday night and we didn't have plans, we called his parents and asked if we could come over. It's ok to get family sick, right? lol more just that they don't have kids, so the chances are less.
C didn't nap that afternoon, so he napped on the way to their house.
Goob.

He started bed time at their house and then we took him home later. This was him with his head down by his elbow. Poor kid. 

This week progressed well.
We found a rhythm of when J would be home. But the best part as far as J's work was that we found a light at the end of our tunnel.
The reason it felt so grim was because we thought that his current employment was the only option in the area for anything in financial advising. Ideally, he wanted to become a financial advisor. When he was hired, the impression we had was that he would be trained to become a financial advisor. As time went on, it became apparent that he wouldn't be trained there, but would need to go somewhere else, to a bigger firm, to get that training.
In talking with one of the owners, he was informed that there are two firms in Boise where he could get this training. *commence angelic chorus*
So great!!!
When they gave him the whole spiel about cutting hours and pay, they told him that it was a difficult decision and they really valued his work. When followed by a big "but," that's hard to believe. It was hard for me to be ok with them saying they "couldn't afford" him, but they had their beautiful 2/3 story houses and didn't have a baby on the way. I couldn't see it. I couldn't accept it. It frustrated me, confused me, and really, just ticked me off.
So when they said they valued his work, "but," I just didn't like it.
But in his conversation with his boss, J was able to really understand how they did feel about him. They wanted to let him find something else and do it all gradually, before economic trouble hit-which they're worried will happen. In lieu of going into tons of details, he did feel valued and did see their perspective better.
Do I still feel frustrated sometimes? Definitely.
But I do feel better about it.
That Saturday, J had an interview with a tutoring company called Mathnasium. It went well and he has since started working for them. So he has 2 part time jobs! Yay!
We are on our way up and are thankful for the blessings we have seen.

No comments: