Sunday, October 17, 2010

Craftiness

I like to do crafts. I'm always really nervous during the process, but it always turns out really well!
This summer, I didn't do as many crafts as I had planned, but I still did a lot!
This is a jean quilt! I've been working on it-slowly-for about 2 years now. I had the squares all lined up in their columns, but this trip to Arkansas I finished it!!
It's for all of those awesome picnics we'll go on! :)


J and our beautiful nieces playing on the blanket.
So this isn't quite a "craft" as you would identify it, but I think it's quite crafty! I did the bride's hair! She's in beauty school, so she brought home one of their FANCY curling irons and I got to use it on her hair. It took two and a half hours, but it looks beautiful! I'm quite proud of it!
This is a baby blanket I crocheted for one of my best friends and her new baby. I started it at the beginning of this summer and finished about 3 months later. I would crochet while watching tv and then when we were driving 25 hours. I used the same pattern my mom always used for when she made baby blankets. It's got two strands of yarn-one yellow and one white.
Then, I improvised with the border. I'm really proud of it!
Also when I was in Arkansas, we made cards (forgot to take pictures of each card, but I'll let you imagine the awesomeness) and jewelry. These are a pair of earrings I made. Everyone wanted their own pair. :)
I love making things. It's fun to be able to say, "Oh, thanks! I made them!" when someone says it looks good.

3 comments:

mardie said...

You are wonderful. I wore my earrings on my trip.

Liz said...

you're so SMRT!

Grandma Jan said...

I remember that quilt! I also know the beautiful people sitting on it.
Great projects.