Monday, October 3, 2011

September

I didn't do a ton of blogging in the month of September.
So here is the month of September!!

First, I did a lot of substitute teaching. It gave me an excuse to use my "teacher bag" that my sister made me. It's nice and big for all of those huge teacher books and has big enough straps to put it on my shoulder even when it's full!
Then, J got his diploma!!!
He was a little excited...
So proud of him!
I made meatloaf for my in-laws. They loved it.
We got to have the leftovers since it was all of my food.
The meatloaf is my sister's recipe. And it's the best meatloaf ever. I love it.
The best thing to do with leftovers is to make an MLT. No, not like on Princess Bride...
But with warmed meatloaf, toasted bread, and tomato and lettuce with a little mayo....
ohhhh it's gooooooooooood....
Jolyn came to town for a while so we spent a lot of time at J's family's house.
This is TJ with the cat, Toby. Toby doesn't like TJ. TJ likes to pet him not so softly, so Toby usually bolts when TJ comes around.
He fell asleep propped up on his diaper/wipe case.
Last year at Thanksgiving time, I made the top to this quilt. It's a lap quilt for fall-time. So when I was in AR, I bought a back and then took it home to quilt. So Jolyn, Linda and I quilted it one weekend! It took about 30 minutes.


September 24, Kristin came to town for the weekend. Us girls went on a Women's Fitness Celebration 5K. It was cool! I was really nervous about making good time because I had a job orientation at lunch time. Turns out I had plenty of time. But hey, it was fun and I didn't break a sweat!

While we were gone, the boys babysat TJ and played video games. TJ loves his uncle Tyler. It's so cute. Tyler comes in and everyone else isn't as cool.
What a stud
This weekend was Conference. I love General Conference. It's amazing how the prophets speak to millions of people and each person is taught something different. It's beautiful how the spirit works.

When I was at my in-laws this weekend, a package showed up from my mom!
It was my monthly gift of books!!
Here's a pic of them
What's cool about most of these books is that they're from my grandma's bookshelf.
Very cool. Made me tear up.
This summer, I started crocheting a baby blanket.
It took FOREVER!!!!!
I finished it today. I think this blanket took about 6 months.

Last week, there was a special on Shutterfly for a free photo book. All I had to pay for was shipping.
I had already done a wedding one, didn't have kids to put in a book, and wouldn't be able to gather pics of the nieces and nephews in time to make the book.
So I made a quiet time book.
I took the children's song, All Things Bright and Beautiful and put pictures to the words.
All of the pictures in the book are from my photo library. I took all but one of them. J took one.
I'm very proud of it. :)
Now I'm excited for October! I'm going to find my favorite pumpkin recipes and make them this month.
and hopefully soon we'll find out about the house. The paperwork had to be entered in again, so we had to wait another 3 days. Today's the 3rd. So any minute now!! If we get this house, we'll be moving in October.
It's going to either be a huge month of moving and closing on a house or be a boring month with nothing going on...we'll see!! :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

Twas a good month. It was full of fun times.