Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy

I'm so happy!!
I'm thrilled!
I worked hard yesterday to clean up my new home. Sure, it wasn't that bad, but better to clean before anything is in there than after. We had a kid in the ward come and clean our carpets, too, so it smells a lot better. It smelled fine with the new carpet smell, but I like clean carpet wayyyy over new carpet.

I'm sitting at my desk right now in the small house. We should come up with a better nickname for it. The little white house?
Here are some pictures of the old, little, white house.
I'm thinking of all the wonderful things that I'll have in the Sweet house.
I'll have a table more than 4 can sit at!
I'll have counter space!
And a DISHWASHER!!!
I will have a pantry! This cupboard is my pantry right now.
I'm so excited to have a full door for my pantry!!!
My desk will be in another room, so now I won't be embarrassed when someone comes over and my desk is mess!
J's uncle gave us a leather couch. It's big, brown, and free. I love free stuff!!!
I will have a WALK-IN closet!!!!!!!
But I think J gets to be even happier than I do...This was his closet for the past year.
He's such a good sport.
-I didn't put a picture, but I'm excited to get out of the bed on my side instead of crawling over J's side!!!-


I'm excited to have a double vanity, a mirror I can see myself in, a curved shower rod, and overall more space in the bathroom!!
Oh, I'm so excited. I think waiting during this week was actually a very good thing. I was able to clean the house, get the carpets cleaned, sweep, mop, set things up gradually, and really be truly excited.

Oh, I'm excited not to have to pull a U-turn to get out of my parking spot. And for my parking spot to not be taken!!!
On monday, I was pulling out to go to band and didn't see a car. Almost got hit broadside, because I didn't see him. Scary. Made me also very excited to live on a quiet street.

I was doing a video chat with my younger brother a week or so ago and he heard a car drive by my house in first gear going 40. He asked what it was. I told him it was a car. "Is your door open??" he said. Ha, no. I just live in the ghetto where it's cool to rev your engine and be obnoxious.
I'm also glad that I'm going to be living in a neighborhood. We'll have neighbors, kids riding bikes through the streets, it's gonna be so much better than now where weirdos walk down the alley by this house yelling at someone else.

I know owning a house isn't going to be all peachy. I realize that. I know it's harder to keep up. You have to fix your own problems and pay for it too. I realize that.

Yesterday, I was trying to de-winterize my house. I called a bunch of people and was led back to the home inspector. I really appreciate that man. He's been great to us through the houses we've tried to buy.
So I'm on the phone with him and he tells me I need to get into the crawlspace to turn on the water. I don't like spiders. Small spaces. Overall: crawl spaces.
I also needed scissors and a tool that I didn't figure out until after the excursion to get the scissors. So after getting the scissors, I called him to find out what to do next and he asked if the boogieman got me...
heehee
I laughed and said no. But then I realized I needed a tool that I didn't have with me. I knew I had it at home. He decided then that he would rather not hear me scream out because something went wrong, so he drove all the way here to Nampa from Eagle. A 30 minute drive. He gets here, gets the knut off that I needed a tool for, and then can't turn the knob to turn on the water. He's had pipes break in his hand and doesn't want that, so he calls a plumber he knows to replace the valve. Ugh.

4 hours later, the plumber comes, turns it on on the first try, and says that Derek (home inspector) just needed to man up and turn it. :)

So he de-winterized the house for me and instead of charging me the 80 it would cost to just have the plumber come out, he charged 40. yay!!

I went to bed very sleepy yesterday, that's for sure! I was tired.
I'm very proud of myself for getting into the crawlspace and dealing with the hard stuff.

And I can't wait until Saturday when all of my stuff will fill the house!!! yay!!!

3 comments:

Jason said...

You are truly amazing!! I am so proud of you. It's going to be great to move into a new house and to make it our home.

Barb said...

So happy for you! Hope there are no more suprizes!

Ben and Erika said...

You make me feel excited just because how excited you are! I love it!! YAY!!