Thursday, March 8, 2012

Awesome pregnancy moments

The dumb things I'm doing are going to drive me nuts eventually. I like being smart. I like knowing that I can articulate interesting conversation.

But pregnancy is getting in the way...

Last week, I was on the phone with my mom after going to the doctor (I heard the baby's heartbeat!) and I needed to go to the grocery store right after. But I forgot that. I got off at my exit to go home, drove for about 2 minutes and realized that I needed to go to the store. So I turned around, got back on the freeway, and headed on my way. What's even better is that I took the wrong exit again!!! I took the one that takes you to the right, when I needed to go left. So I turned around in McDonalds after buying a fish sandwich.

Then, the next day(?) I pinned my hair up, got in the shower, got my body wet, turned around to get my face wet, and realized I still had my glasses on. You can't exactly shower with glasses on.

Yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. I could have sworn that it was NOT Wednesday. I thought many times that it was Tuesday and/or Thursday. Not sure which was more dominant. It was Tuesday when I thought I was 15 weeks yesterday. Nope, that was the day before. It was Thursday when I subbed 2 days earlier. Nope, that was yesterday as well. Apparently subbing threw me off and needed to be days ago, not the day before.
Ridiculous. I felt so silly.




On a side note, I made a kid cry on Tuesday (yes, I'm positive it was Tuesday. I'm looking at a calendar). Yeah, he got mad at me, threw a book, and so I did the next thing in the consequences and he CRIED. I didn't really feel sympathetic at all. His tears just make me want to get out. I wanted to say "Go away and cry over there so I don't have to hear you"...heartless? Somewhat...but trust me, you wouldn't have felt any sympathy. I'm honestly glad I didn't laugh at him while he was crying that he was mad at me...




Oh, and something I need to send out to the void known as the internet...Some people on Facebook are idiots. Man oh man. Idiots. Hilarious most of the time, dumb all the time. It's a good thing I can laugh at the people I know and just shake my head at the people I don't know.

For instance, look at the girl who posted that she needed a babysitter for her kids for a couple months. Her sister then said that it's horrible of her for wanting to get a sitter because there are creeps out there. At this point, I wouldn't want HER to babysit my kids... She's being dumb and probably making my friend feel guilty. If she needs more work, there's a REASON. She's not being selfish. *rolls eyes*

Or the one that I'm loving right now who is posting things that I don't think she really believes. I'll leave it there. Just silly things that don't comply with the teachings of the church and she says she goes to church.




What else? I'm cold. My family's enjoying 70 degree weather and Idaho doesn't know what it wants to do. Last weekend, it was in the 60's. Tuesday, it was in the 30's. ugh.

4 comments:

Jacob the Usurper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob the Usurper said...

PREGNANCY KILLS BRAIN CELLS!!! ;)

AND YOU DON'T GET ALL OF THEM BACK! LOL

{just think what it will be like when you're on your third or fourth pregnancy--or maybe you'll get to kill twice as many braincells at once with twins!]

Ben and Erika said...

So... If I have done the shower thing before and the grocery store thing before.... What does that mean for me???? :) ha ha. I love this post. You crack me up. I can totally see you not having complete control of your mind could make you go bonkers. :):):) but the baby needs brain juice too!! :);)

mardie said...

I am sorry to agree with Jacob. Pregnancy does kill brain cells and you never get them back! Then they morph into something mean and scary when you go through menopause... being a woman is such a joy!

I love it!