Friday, January 10, 2014

Octobler!


Octobler!
My mom would (still does) type October as Octobler instead.
It stuck. :) They have Octobler-fest every year. Maybe one day I can go to it again... 
Our October was a good month. It got INSANE at the end, but that'll be a whole other post.
First, we drove to Utah to be with my parents and little brother when they drove out. It was so great! 

C liked the singing part of General Conference. I've noticed that Conference is NOT the same for me anymore. I don't get as much out of it as I used to. I guess that's really why the Ensign prints out all of the talks is for people who weren't really able to put all of their attention on it.

C LOVES his grandparents. And I love that!

Feeding them treats
I need to do better at getting pictures when I'm visiting with my family. I tend to forget to document…
It was a nice weekend and very relaxing right after my subbing job. 

A very concerned dead bug

Documentation to prove that I DID run back then…now? not so much with snow...

C learned to walk!!
It was a little here and there and only when the goal was about 4 steps away, but he did it a little!
Then, the bruises came! This nice little one is from our very firm, metal coffee table edge…poor boy!!!

We did a lot of waiting on Daddy while the weather was still nice and he rode his motorcycle to work.
One night, we were driving back from J's parents' place and he had the bike and C looked out his window and said "Dada!" at his Daddy on the motorcycle. It was so cute!
This is after Daddy came home, so we had C try on his helmet. Too cute.

There's just something adorable about a kid asleep in a carseat that I love.
Oh, and we went to forward facing in October when we went to Utah. Best Decision EVER… He decided we'd been holding out on him… :)

Perched on his toys

TyTy left for his mission halfway through the month.
He was called to Tampa Florida English speaking.
Pretty sure he left a trail of broken hearts behind… those poor girls! :)

Ty with his parents

These two have been thick as thieves for a long while. It's a sweet, great relationship.

We love uncles!!
C didn't want to take a picture, but he loves playing with his uncle!


The Hortons came up from Utah for the farewell! How cool is that!

The picture is blurry, but this is the menu we had for his farewell party.
Lotsa Floridian stuff!-pretty yummy, too!-

Everyone assembling. (I took care of the baby and took pictures??)

We love the letters we are getting from him. He's truly learning a lot and saving lots of souls-maybe mine is on that list, too. He has said some very profound things that have spoken right to my heart.

Gma & Gpa C got this pop-up fort when TJ was littler and when I saw it in the closet, I HAD to get it out! C loves it, too! It's cute to watch him play in it.

Gma also organized her pantry a little so that C could go in as  he wanted. I'm pretty sure this room is his favorite in the entire house.

Apparently I let him play too long before he ate lunch.

I LOVE THIS KID!!!

J took me to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my success with the subbing job I had.
Here's C with his chicken tenders.

Yummy food!!

Dark picture… but the food was fantastic!!!

Too cute not to share!

In defiance and angst (I'm pretty sure), he takes off his pants and throws all of the things out of his crib when he cries too long. So funny. 

He wanted nothing to do with the leaves. One day, he will. :)
Octobler was great! I was able to be with my sweet babe and be home a lot more and I loved that. I am definitely made to be a teacher, but I prefer being a mommy.

1 comment:

QandT said...

So adorable! I love his chubby cheeks. I prefer being a mommy too. It is much more rewarding and such a blessing to be with a little piece of heaven. God does love us.