Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 25: Shiny new shoes, Lessons learned, Old habits continue, Babysitting, and Conference Saturday

Before we could take pictures of my belly and my cute boys, Daddy wanted to shine his and C's shoes. C got some new shoes the day before for his winter wardrobe and he loves them.
He put them on and was clomping away as if to say "Wow! Listen to these babies!"

So here's Daddy helping C shine the shoes


And buff!

My whole world. Such studs.


Here's my belly at 25 Weeks.
Skirts are the hardest thing to make work with a belly band and using pre-pregnancy skirts. Ugh. 
September 28
Wasn't much to report. I'd been feeling the baby more and more every day and it was starting to get uncomfortable. Kicks to the ribs, pushing when I wasn't sitting just right… It's starting!

I realize I take a lot of these pictures, but seriously, the kid loves piling his animals on me! He does it to guests, too. 

If you're on social media, you saw my folly on there.
I have been letting him play while I shower instead of locking him into the bathroom with me.
That changed back after I came out and found all of my games all over.
I cleaned up the mess and went back to the bathroom to dry my hair and I hear a scream from the other room.
If he hadn't been panicking so much, I would've taken a picture.
It was hilarious.
This is the section between the edge of the entertainment center and the spot for the TV where the kids movies go. He was trying to reach the last movies in the back and put his head through there. Then he couldn't get it out.
So funny. The wood was rather pliable, so that's how I got his huge noggin out of that little space. haha

A cute picture of him with ALL of his cars poured out onto his lap and the container for the cars on his head.

While I was blogging the last week's events, he woke up from his nap and wanted to watch what I was doing. He saw the video and pushed his finger on the screen to play the video. haha #generationissues.

Has anyone with an iPhone noticed how easy it is to access a TON of things with the phone locked??
Even with a passcode, you can take pictures, lock the tilt, turn on or off wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, nighttime mode, turn on the calculator, set a timer/alarm, turn on the flashlight, set the brightness, turn on the music…
Really???
So apparently C can access this and do a LOT of damage in about 45 seconds.
Here's one such example of his lovely photographing skills.

And another. After a while, I stopped taking pictures of them. It got too crazy! lol

After moving him back to his little hangout during shower time, he wanted ALL of his stuffed animals in there with him. It's a tight squeeze. (He was the one who kissed the baby. I didn't tell him to do that)

After eating a chocolate cupcake. Love this expression. haha!

My roommates can attest that not much has changed in the last 5+ years!

Happily playing on his mountain of animals

Wearing Daddy's helmet

Some of the bounty from my garden!

We babysat Gigi and had lots of fun with all of the animals, all of the cars, and I'm pretty sure all of the movies as well. They were pretty good. C has a hard time with the fact that she doesn't come when he pulls her or pushes her in a direction. Otherwise, they do pretty well. :)

If you've read "the Little Blue Truck," you know that this is what the toad does. 
He flexes.

I was getting tired of having all of the animals on my blanket basket. I like being able to access that especially with cold weather coming. So we got a bin for his animals. Now, instead of piling the animals on me, he's starting to sit in his bin!

Saturday was the beginning of General Conference. 
Such a wonderful experience! I spend 8 hours in a weekend listening to talks about the gospel and feel so uplifted. It's amazing how so many people hear exactly what they need to hear from the same talks and it's something else that the next person heard. The Lord loves us and wants us to know that He knows our struggles.

Nana and Papa are so good to play with C!


While the guys went to the Priesthood session that night, Linda and I went to Charming Charlie where it is obligatory to see the fountains nearby. So pretty!

No comments: