Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 24: Singing, Hiking, Baptizing, Babysitting, Hugging, and Spelling

Week 24 On September 21!
Tums is a constant companion for late nights-especially with sugary snacks. Dang.
When my body is just tired and needs to get to bed, I get Restless Legs. My mom has RLS, so I'm a little terrified by this…When I just get to bed, it goes away, but it still scares me a bit.
The little munchkin's kicks are harder and more persistent. I'm waiting to feel hiccups. I feel like I felt them a TON with C, but apparently it must have been later in the pregnancy.

J kept taking pictures, so I struck a ridiculous pose. This makes up for the upcoming photo of J...

First, a cute side shot of C in his sunday clothes.

haha

Our Stake Conference is coming up in a few weeks, so we have been going to Stake Choir practice. The first week we went, J's parents were able to stay and babysit C while we went. This week, we went to a birthday party and took him with us, then left early. He is a sweet, nosy boy. He spent some time by the pianist and also some time standing in front of the chorister and just staring. I have high hopes for his musical abilities!

Apparently I have a lot of pictures where I'm being covered in stuffed animals. 
But it portrays what C is doing in this point of his life. He LOVES showing everyone his favorite friends. 
We have 2 Eeyores. One is the kind that matches the rest of the characters and the other is the old fashioned kind.
He brings one to you saying "Eeyore!" and then brings the other saying "Maawio!" which sounds like Mario, but really, it means "more Eeyore." hahaha Funny kid.

Tuesday night, the Elders Quorum put on a hike to Jump Creek.
I'd heard about it but had never gone.
There were two families, a few 11 year old scouts, another dad, and another guy and his friend. Small crowd. But it was fun!

When I moved to Idaho, I had decided it wasn't pretty. No trees! No grass! 

But it has its beauty. :)



The hike is about 20-30 minutes one way.
You cross a creek over rocks (NOT my forte. I'm scared of falling off. Silly, but true.)
And then just walk a pathway (steering clear of poison ivy. What does western poison ivy look like after all? We just didn't touch plants…)
Then you get to a small pond with a tall waterfall!


A few of the guys climbed to the top. Can you see Bro Palmer? just to the right of the rock at the top. So there's your proportion comparison!

The smaller kids and the two moms stayed at the bottom. C threw rock after rock into the water. He LOVED it! The hike was just the right amount of freedom, the water made him feel awesome, and he was just thrilled.

J didn't climb up to the top of the fall, but he tried to get to a cave above this rock he's by here.

Our little family

Wednesday morning, I had to wake up C to get to the WIC clinic early enough to get a walk-in appointment. 
This was how he was sleeping. :)

We waited for under 10 minutes before we were approved and in the office filling out paperwork, getting instruction, and taking measurements. 
C did NOT like the measurements. We may as well have told him he'd never eat again with how he reacted to being weighed, measured for height, and then poked in the finger to test iron. Oh, that must have been the icing on the cake! Poor kid!

But he enjoyed before!
These pictures are from those glass blocks that they use to obscure windows like in a bathroom.



that night, the youth went to the temple to do Baptisms for the Dead.
We believe that in order to receive all the promised blessings the Lord has, we must be baptized. If one dies without receiving this saving ordinance, we do the work in the temple (with permission) by proxy of them. To learn more, go to mormon.org.

Here's my beautiful youth group. I was so proud of them.
The temple is a wonderful, spiritual, amazing well of beauty and peace. 
I felt so many wonderful, happy things that night!

Thursday morning, I was asked to watch Jack while his mom had an errand which would have been horrible with a 2 1/2 year old. While Jack was over, Becky asked if Hyrum could come play. I said the more the merrier and invited them all over!
So I got to watch 3 2 year olds play for a few hours. It was hilarious. I loved it all! The only scary point was when I left them to go to the bathroom. haha

My goober boy

 The 3 boys playing rather nicely. I just sat there and helped sort out anything that went amiss. Which hardly anything did.

They all enjoyed the bucket for a while.

Then they went to jump on C's bed. So funny.

After jumping, I made them lunch. That was the best part.
I had 3 boys eating PB&H sandwiches, grapes, and veggie straws on matching plastic plates.
One would say "haha! 2!" And the others would say "haha! 2!" as if sharing some inside joke I didn't know about…
Then one would make a yummy sound and the others would make a yummy sound.
One would make a raspberry sound and they would all chime in with their own raspberry. 
I loved it all. So awesome.

After lunch, they brought C's books into his room and read them on the choo choo bed.

After nap time, C was quite tired still, so we snuggled a bit.

A wonderful family moved out of our ward. 
They will really be missed. This is me with Emily and her boy who was born a month before C.

Getting C ready for bed that night, I hugged him and he wanted me to squeeze him tighter and tighter. I would squeeze the giggles out of him. Then he'd ask for more. I loved it so much.

Friday, he took a ton of selfies. It was cute.


Friday night was dinner from the "Panda store!!" He LOVED going in and finding all of the pandas. 
Saturday, we bought C some winter clothes. We realized he had a total of 2 pairs of pants. No long sleeved shirts. So we went shopping! He got a ton of cute things.

That night, we had pancakes and bacon. J used my fancy pancake batter pourer (what on EARTH is that thing called? haha) and made C his favorite letters. He requested E, S, and T. :)

1 comment:

Jana said...

Ha, I love that everyone posed for a picture on Sunday! And good job getting a picture of all the youth and leaders who were able to go to the temple that night, so cool. And of course, thanks sooo much for watching Jack that morning. What a cute little trio of boys!! I'm glad they were good for you!