Monday, March 23, 2015

January: Nana T, firsts, friends, and freakin' cute kids

As per usual, I've let blogging fall by the wayside and therefore your updates will be made up mostly of pictures!
A was born on the 4th so I think we'll do several blogs as months of his life. This one covers Jan 5-Feb 4
My mom came to Idaho on January 5th!! We came home that day and she came about 4 hours later! It was quite perfect! 
C spent the time while we were at the hospital with our friends, the Izatts. I think he loved his time with Jack, but I think he was thrilled to be home with his parents!!

Here's my mommy meeting A.

The next morning, C woke up to Nana T being here! He was so happy! He put his crown on her head so she could be a knight.

I see this picture and think "man, he's so tiny!!"

J had a few days off of work, but he's paid hourly and minimally paid, so he went back to work partial days quickly. It was nice having my mom here to help me get adjusted and help with food. 
My recovery was a million times better with A, so I was able to get up and help and learn a couple new recipes. 

First time to the store with both boys!

I mentioned in the birth story that Nana C was sick the day he was born. She was devastated. I was bummed and disappointed but I'm quite sure it was nothing to her frustration. 
After enough days had passed, she came over to meet Baby A.
She was so happy!!!

I loved this moment with both boys with their grandparents.

At my baby shower, they wrote notes on some newborn diapers. This was the picture I got of one on A. I think it's hilarious.

C loves his quilt from Nana T. The back is for his wooden trains -which is insanely difficult to set up, by the way!!!-

I am quite sure there's an entire blog on here about how amazing my mommy is.
But you're going to hear it again just a little bit.
My mom is amazing. She is kind, funny, helpful, patient, beautiful... everything I hope to be!
She struggles with several things that can be frustrating and tiring, but still manages to put it behind her and be helpful and wonderful.
My children have the best grandparents! I love that they get to see them frequently whether in person or through the iPad. It is such a blessing!

Me with my snuggle bug all wrapped up

This is a tricerasocks. hehe


Last time my mom was in town, we went to see the stores and things at the Village in Meridian. 
There are beautiful fountains that are made by the same people who did the Bellagio fountains. 
She loved it and said we needed to go at nighttime to see the pretty lights with it. So we went with her!

Such a precious boy

My 3 pieces of my heart. Love these boys!!

Shopping with Nana!
We had some outfits to return, so we hung out and C wore Nana's pretty necklace.

And I got a GORGEOUS coat!!! I love it! And it fits better now than it did that early! lol

I realize this is two selfies in a row. You'll have to excuse that.
I took this red one to remember how C was so sweet to me. I had showered and gotten dressed and he saw my red shirt and said, "Pretty Mommy!"
What a good boy.

The day my mom went home, she wanted to write A's name on his foot like Andy on Toy Story. It was so cute!!
We'll have to buy Woody and Buzz and put his name on it. :)

I had to drop off my mom at the airport while C slept for nap time. I had a friend come to hang out with C while we went.
I had hoped long ago that it would get easier as time went on to say goodbye to my mom. 
It isn't getting easier. 
Married? Nope.
Kids? worse!
Not sure when you'll see her again? Ha!

I love dark, newborn eyes. So pretty.

I braved bath time for the boys on my own. It was scary.
 But they both survived!

Some cute pictures!


Double cowlick! uh oh!

Chatting with Daddy

Meeting Uncle Sam!
He goes to school in Rexburg, so he came out for Martin Luther King Jr day! He's an awesome uncle. 

One of my trips to Target. C loves the big circle by the door

He has great eye contact

I'm a mom of two boys! wow.

This was C's alligator (aa-date-er said with r sounding like a w)

Using his tool set from Auntie Kristin

We call this "hurricane Clark"

Coloring time

My mom is so sweet! I told her I loved this book and she let me keep it instead of taking it back with her!

C reading his calendar to A

Double Pandas!

A slept really not too badly from the beginning. I could sometimes get up to 6 hours at night. I loved snuggles though. So wonderful. This was a sleepy morning with my babe

Holding hands while nursing. Can't get much better!

Double stars!

A's first time to church! We all did pretty well! I sit on my own, so we did pretty good! I'm sure thankful for nursery though so C is taken care of for 2 of the 3 hours. We skipped out on the second two hours the next week because the boys were sick. Dang germs of January! *shakes fist*

C singing a beautiful song while playing the piano
I love it!

Reading Dinosaur Parade!

When he got his flu "shot" -the mist kind- he got to have a sticker. He chose the butterfly one and then put it on his face. so hilarious

A house before hurricane clark came around

Cookin
 With two helpers!

We had J's friend, Tyson, and his girlfriend over. It was a great visit and yummy dinner. C took a ton of pictures of them. This one was an awesome one

More cuteness


A at his one month appointment! 
He was 10 lb 5 oz (65%)
88th Percentile for height and 95 Percentile for head circumference
I wrote down that he sleeps well, eats like a champ, and is so patient while his brother figures out what "soft" means


We are in love!!
I'll post soon for February and hopefully catch up enough to be on top of blogging! I have several plans in the works!

2 comments:

Jana said...

As always, you're more up to date than I am, so you're doing great in my book!

Love all these pictures - so glad that Jason's mom was finally better and able to meet Andy and so glad that your mom got to come and visit and take such good care of you all! And of course, so awesome that your recovery was better this time around.

Jana said...

PS the 'eye contact' picture of Andy? Totally looks like Clark to me in that picture. Random, right? I don't even know what it is about it... I can just see the resemblance in that one - maybe the pensive look?