Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Some Creations!

I've made a few baby blankets in my time. I'm good at squares. I don't use patterns, though.
I used a pattern once to make a scarf. I did one for me and then made a better one for Kristin.
(I love that you wear it, by the way, Kristin. It makes me SOOO happy!!)
So when my sister asked how possible it would be for me to make booties for her baby, I decided to try it out!
Holy Hannah, it's ridiculously difficult! 
I started with this pattern for Mary Janes.
Cute right?
Source Jay's Boutique Blog (link above)
Epic fail. The soles turned out way too big, then way too crooked. I decided her pattern-writing may be my downfall, so I went somewhere else.
I went here for these Mary Janes.
I had a few not-so-great results, but I knew I just HAD to persevere.
Here's the progression of how it went.
Finding the right size yarn was a pain in the butt. No one knew what "fingerling" yarn was. Ugh.
Yet again, my soles were a little crooked, but that's ok.


I did like how she made it so that there was an edge to the sole. It was cute that way.

But I did it!
Here's A modeling one for me

 And here are the finished products!
I also did a hat, but I didn't take a picture. It came out darling. Here's the link to that tutorial. Much easier than booties!!!

2 comments:

Jill T said...

Way to push through! Those turned out so cute! I agree, the switch from doing squares and rectangles to something with a pattern is rough! Great job! Ps. Your babies are super cute, I love seeing your pictures.
-jill

Jana said...

THOSE ARE AMAZING. Seriously, you did amazing. Probably a good thing I didn't know about this talent when Carma was littler ;).