Monday, May 16, 2011

Easter!

I had a pretty exciting Easter this year! The Curtis family has a tradition they do every year for Easter. The conditions weren't ever right last year, so this was my first time.

1) Dye eggs-by the way, they need to be pretty cool. :)


I like Tyler's grenade egg. :) One of J's is a brain.
I made an orange one with swirls and then one I will show you in better detail soon.

2) Find a hill. Must be steep, smooth with a couple bumps, and easy enough to walk up and down it several times.

3) Climb to the top of said hill and roll eggs from top.

4) Go down and retrieve your egg NOTE: It helps if you watch your egg all the way down. I figured that out later. :)
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 remembering your previous note. This is the point where they all start to look the same because they're shell-less now. Keep repeating until your egg turns into just the yolk and explodes everywhere.
Then, you can repeat for the other eggs you have! We each got two to roll. This is my second. I really liked making him. He was an angry egg on one side...
And a dead egg on the other (sorry it's blurry)
I loved how it looked when I got it after the first roll. :)

Here's its shell.
This is after losing its shell.
And then here's the yolk! I can't get my videos to work on my computer right now, but I did get a fairly decent video of the yolk exploding from what I could tell on the camera.
It was a fun Easter!

On more of the purpose behind the holiday, I love Easter. It's always a beautiful holiday. It always helps us remember the reason we are so blessed. I would be nothing without the love of my Savior, Jesus Christ. He atoned for me, died for me and was resurrected for me. He went to the lowest of lows so that he could rise above the highest and bring me with Him. I am eternally indebted to Him. Everything I have is because of Him. I know that He lives. I know that he loves me. I know that His gospel is true and if a person follows Him, they will live forever in His presence. He is my Lord.


I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.

I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, that for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine, that he should extend his great love unto such as I, sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt! Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?

No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat, until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me!
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Great blog honey!