Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring in Nampa

I really never liked gardens. I hate weeding and really don't like bugs and bugs are found in dirt. I love the life that comes from gardens, but I'm still not a fan of weeding and stuff. :)

In front of this little house we're renting, we have a small garden. When we moved in, there were a TON of dead leaves and pine needles. One day, these Snowdrops popped up. I had to dig them out from under all of the junk, and look at what else I found!!
The beginnings of Tulips! And Daffodils but they're in a different picture.
I kept cleaning out the pine needles and loved coming home to such a big abundance of happiness everyday!
Then, I checked them EVERY day to see if they had bloomed. This day, I couldn't wait any longer to take a picture. :)
Then they all wanted to join in!
The tulips drove me crazy!! I wanted them to bloom so badly!!
This is the other half of the garden. I have no idea what it all is, but man, it's HUGE! It's about twice as high now! Those daffodils never bloomed, though.
Then, the tulips finally bloomed! I was so thrilled! They were my little babies!! :)
I love the colors of these daffodils. So purty!
And this just reminds me of Temple square! They were gorgeous tulips! I loved them!
Mmmm such beautiful colors!

1 comment:

mardie said...

Gorgeous! Don't you wonder who planted them and when? I love the random daffodils around Arkansas. Were they at one time around someones house? Did they actually travel there by seed? Is there a Dolly Daffodil like there was a Johnny Appleseed?

Important thoughts for the day!