Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Linda's Birthday

It was my mother-in-law's birthday at the end of April, so we went over for the day. For the first half of the day, we weeded and organized the outdoors. In the afternoon, she went out to dinner with her hubby. While she was gone, J and his little brother went and played video games. I rocked out to disney music while I made an awesome cake!

Chocolate, chocolate frosting, and....
...homemade decorating icing!!
And then I made it in several different colors!
Linda took a decorating class in March, so I used her tools and book to help me figure out what to do. :)
I think I did a great job! I'm not thrilled with my writing, but I've never liked my writing-on paper, on a board, or anywhere...
She liked it. :)
She's such a beautiful woman. I'm so blessed to be a part of her family. She's so full of love and kindness. I know I can always come to her if I need help with something or just someone to talk to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a pretty cake girl!

mardie said...

You are both lucky! I know what a blessing it is to have a wonderful, accepting and supportive mother in law! You hit the jackpot!

Todd Laney 499A said...

awww todd and i both thought that was sweet! you did really well on the cake.