Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WICKED!!!

Last summer, Scentsy employees got a huge group to commit to going to Wicked this year. My family was part of that group!! Hooray!!

It was AMAZING. SPECTACULAR. DAZZLING. I LOVED IT!!!

Linda brought up the idea of dressing up all fancy and then going since it would be the entire family. I got really excited about that. I love dressing up. I don't mind the stares. I like that, actually. :)

So, I did Linda's hair. I am really really really proud of this hairdo! She asked for a french twist and this is what I came up with. I don't know how to do the twist, so I improvised. She liked it too. :)
I also did my hair. Not too bad for really short hair!
Tyler had to be the loner in our group since Kristin is in Europe.
So here are my mother and father and brother in law.
My sister-in-law and her husband.
She looks fabulous! She is down below her pre-pregnancy weight! Go Jolyn!!
J and I.
mmmm.............. he's hot......
We're really excited!!
Best picture I could get of the program, but you've all seen it before.
I really liked dressing up! My heels really hurt my feet by the end, but I loved wearing that dress!

I have now worn it for:
Prom 07, formal fall 07, formal winter 08, formal fall 08, formal winter 09, formal fall 09, and Wicked May 11.
I would say that I have worn this dress many more times than most girls with their prom dresses. I am proud of that!! I love that dress! It's a great one!

I noticed that most people at the play weren't dressed up more than shorts and flip flops. Isn't the theatre supposed to be a nice/casual thing where you wear slacks up to skirts? since when was it okay to wear jeans? Ok, off my soap box.

I loved Wicked. It was amazing. I think the soundtrack is going to be close behind... :)

3 comments:

chokanson said...

ha! I totally agree! Me and Mike dressed up but there were people in shorts and flip flops and I thought the same thing! It was so amazing! :) LOVE IT!

Liz said...

i love that you did this!!

Barb said...

Such a great show! When we saw it for the first time in Chicago, we were in the very last row in the corner and it was still fabulous!! Glad you got to see it.