Friday, July 22, 2011

Lake Ouachita

After going to Utah, we drove to ARKANSAS!
Why? Because Arkansas is only the best EVER!! :)

The first thing we did was sleep... J and I drove to Arkansas in 22 hours. straight. We trade off and sleep while the other is driving. It works rather well. We learned this time that Kansas has lights at EVERY on-ramp and off-ramp. It makes it hard to sleep when every half a mile has tons of bright lights. The rest is dark though.

We drove straight through Denver this time instead of around. We decided we would deal with traffic instead of the tolls there. When you drive on certain Denver roads, they take a picture of your plate and send you a bill about 6 months later. Then, another month or so for the way back. It was irritating, so we went through Denver. It worked out well because we were driving through at I think 2 on a Thursday so it wasn't rush hour.

We got into Little Rock at 6:30 am.
And went straight to bed. We were exhausted.

That night, we drove to Hot Springs to go to Lake Ouachita. It's a beautiful, large lake that is great for boating. My parents got a cabin and we stayed the night and played games. The next day, we had a boat and boated alllll day. It was marvelous. HOT, but wonderful. I love swimming in lakes and being with my family on boats. I even got my 5 year old niece to go on the tube with me!!

Here's J with the boys playing twister.
There was a downpour of rain when we there the evening before. It was really cool looking.
MMae, Jonas, J, and Christian on the boat
J water skiing. He's pretty much a pro.
Wonderful first weekend in the natural state! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

3 comments:

Jason said...

I love water skiing and being with your family. It was fun!

Jolyn Laney said...

I HAD NO CLUE JASON KNEW HOW TO WATER SKI!!! Never seen it before.....until now

Kbburn said...

Fun Stuff!!!! I love reading your blog! Miss you Grace! you are so cute and fun!