Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Arkansas Part 1!!

I got to go to Arkansas in June!!! I went for 9 days!! It was the first full week J had of PTO, so we took it! Plane tickets are cheaper out of Salt Lake City than Boise, so we drove to Utah first.

It started out happy.

Then, he decided he was exhausted but didn't want to sleep unless mommy was there. And even then, it took forever...
...until finally...

We spent the night at our wonderful friend's the Pixton's house in Sandy. They were our favorite couple from our married ward in Rexburg. We sure do miss them!
Then, they took us to the airport that Friday and sent us on our way!

This is us at the airport waiting for our first plane.
C proceeded to then not sleep at all during the flight which was his nap time. Thankfully, it was only an hour, but still.

This is C almost right after landing in Denver. He likes sleeping on his own, not held. I'm ok with that, mostly!

While he slept, and we had a couple hours, we went to lunch!
I got Mac n Cheese with Salmon
And J got a mediterranean salad with tuna. Both very delicious.
C woke up to sample both. :)

The flight from Denver to Little Rock was 2 1/2 hours of no sleep during nap time and then 1/2 hour of sleep right before landing. Silly boy.

We landed and Gma & Gpa T were there waiting for us!!
My mom is a wonderful woman. I hope to one day be half as amazing as she is!!!
We went out to dinner after they picked us up to a sushi place that is TO DIE FOR!! I am pretty sure it was the best sushi I have EVER had. Really creative and really flavorful!!

I got home to this bear in my shower...Ah, those huge bears! I'll be plagued for the rest of my life! But it's still pretty funny!
*My old room is the current guest room, which is why I said MY shower...fyi

Saturday, we started by swimming, of course!!!
Here's my bathing babe in his new suit!

BOTH of my babes ;)

Me and my beautiful boy.

My younger brother came home from an honorable mission to Reno Nevada the DAY AFTER I got there!! How perfect is that?! (how neat is that? ;) )

My cute parents waiting anxiously for him.

There he is!!!!!

Makes me tear up just looking at the picture!!



The whole family! minus T and baby M

So proud of my not-so-little brother!!

After picking up Sam, J, C, and I headed over to a wedding!
One of my best friends since Middle School got married!!

I've only been to one other wedding that wasn't in the temple, so it was all new and exciting.
The decor was beautiful with burlap and lace. Very Cassie. Classy like the lace, but still country like burlap. ;)

This is what C did the whole time. Eat. Kept him pretty quiet!
We sat by Stephen and his new bride, and that was really cool. Wish I'd gotten a picture with all of the old Robinson crew!!

Katelyn was one of the Maids of Honor, so here she is walking down the aisle! 

Cassie looked stunning.
Absolutely beautiful.
She walked down the aisle to the Piano Guys 1000 years song (we won't tell her those guys are Mormon... :) even though she probably is reading this...)

The ceremony was very beautiful.
Lots of symbols and reminders and really cool perspectives.


The reception was at a neat park with a huge deck that they had a canopy over. Everything was really well-done.

Gorgeous bride and my baby

Daddy daughter dance. I have a love/hate relationship with daddy daughter dances. They are so sweet and tender, but they make me turn into a puddle of emotions and memories.

 We danced, talked, took pictures at the booth-sorry, Cass, we had to!!!, had yummy snacks, and cake!

Sunday is a big family time for the T's!
Everyone came and J & T made Indian food!! Soooo delicious!!!
They also shared chocolate from their trip to Europe. ohhh the goodness!!!!!!
This is me with Meg and Squishy. my sweet 7 year old nieces.


Gpa bought bongo/african drums at my brother's garage sale -not sure it got rid of them from my brother's life, but oh well- and the kids LOVE these drums! they were a little insane inside before dinner, so I took them out and they danced while some did the drumming. Getting turns in the right way was complicated, but they were cute in their dancing and drumming.

I got 5 massive bug bites at Cassie's wedding. They were EVIL! The Arkansas bugs said "YIPPEEEE, she's back!!!!!" and ate of my delicious nectar that is lovingly referred to as blood.
The two on my arm were particularly freaky! They started to expand in curlies. See?? WEIRD, huh?!
Thankfully, once the one on my arm got really strange, I put my mind over matter and stopped itching with the help of cortizone and they went away. Terrible bugs!!

Stay tuned for more of our trip to Arkansas with a trip to Branson, Missouri thrown in there!!!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Love the first part of the trip recap! I'm glad that your visit coincided with such fun events, especially your awesome brother's homecoming :).

Liz said...

i'm glad you liked the bear-my idea! :)
i'm so glad you came-we love you so much and miss you guys!!!
and i want that mac n cheese! oh my goodness!!

Kayla Bainbridge said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun! What perfect timing to be home!