Thursday, July 25, 2013

Arkansas Part 2

AAAAnnnnnddd I failed. It's been forever, and I still haven't finished updating about Arkansas!

Sorry folks!

So here's another update on Arkansas!

Sunday, we had delicious Indian food is where I believe we left off.
I then asked my brother, an avid runner, to run with me the next day.
I almost died, I tell you!!!
It was a flat course right by the river. Actually, rather beautiful. the mimosa trees were beautiful and smelled wonderful...but I did it too fast. I kept pace rather well, but when I finally figured out that I wasn't doing so well, I was very far downhill. He had to convince me to keep walking so I wouldn't hurt myself. Nice goin, Grace!!
But! It was my first mile under 10 minutes!!! It was 9.5, I think. I was dead. So after that mile, we kept my pace and I decided when we ran or walked. I was disappointed it went that poorly, but he was still patient (all of my brothers and my nephew were) and we did it, right??


I should've gotten more pictures of these two since it was Sam's first time meeting C, but I LOVE this one. C has the best uncles ever. Seriously. How adorable is that? Very.

My oldest brother gave C some little guy Clone Troopers. 5!! We washed them in the dishwasher (good tip!) and after that, I found them defending my sunscreen and sunglasses and cheerios... lol

This boy is adorable.

Eden was just a doll. She won't come to sit with you, but she might smile at you and will definitely look at you. 

C watching Gpa wind the clock

BOOKS!! ( I LOVE that my boy enjoys books!!!)

Apparently his Aunt Jolyn used to push herself under things too. :)

For Father's Day, J got to take a class to enhance his motorcycle driving skills and then got his license. He now feels zero guilt (ok, maybe a tiny bit) asking to ride my Dad's extra motorcycle.
He rode it EVERYWHERE that week. He offered to go to the grocery store, he offered to pick up the motorcycle when Dad had to leave it at the church because of rain, he took me on a ride in the boondocks (we passed by Justin's, Cassie's, Abby's, Stephen's houses, to name a few... lol)...
We also made a special trip with my parents. So we were on my Dad's older bike and they were on his newer one. We went out to Wye mountain and back. It was an hour trip and we were all feeling funny after, but it was really cool! 

We updated our Grandchildren picture...
Funny story with that one!!!
We got all of the grandkids here, at the same time, sat them down, took a bunch of pictures, cheered, danced, jumped, then went inside, admired and picked favorites....
And Sol walks down the stairs...Wait a second. All of the kids are outside or right here. Were you upstairs the whole time???
Yep. We're missing one very adorable almost 4 year old.
Nice. 
Soooo out we went again to get a real updated one. The other kids were getting swimsuits on to go swimming now, so we took some of him by himself, then put him in a swimsuit and took full pictures. When I get those, I'll post them, but here's zoomed in on my boy while they splashed.
I LOVE THIS PHOTO. Makes me sooo happy. He's hilarious.



 This tender moment brought to you by my adorable, sleeping angel. awwww!!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

come back! we miss you! what a fun trip! can't wait til thanksgiving!

Jason said...

Man! I didn't realize I looked so good on a motorcycle. :)

Maria Mae said...

C's swimming pic totally made me laugh. What a ham!

Jana said...

Awesome job on the run! I'm sure you could totally smoke me on any run right now; I see you and Cassandra out there all the time and I haven't run forever! And Jason looks pretty legit on a motorcycle :).