Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Blog Jump through January

I'm having a hard time remembering most of January. But I can tell you based on pictures what happened!

First, we drove to Rexburg to see my brother!
It was his first semester at BYU-I, so we wanted to go help him move in and see the best places. :)
This is C driving at one of our stops on the way.

"Craigo's" pizza was the BEST restaurant back in the day. It's now called "Pizza Pie Cafe." It's not quite the same, but it's still yummy and a great spot.

I went with Sam to the new student talent show. While I sat there for the 15 minutes before it started, I looked around and watched all of the college kids dancing around and being all silly…and I realized that I don't belong with them anymore. And if I don't fit in with the college kids, I must be old! When I said this to Sam's I-Team leader -obviously an upperclassman, she asked me when I graduated…It was her first year at BYU-I.
Wow.
We had to go home earlier than we planned. J got super sick and we just felt like we needed to go home so I could take care of him.



This is one of the new things I got with my Christmas money. It's a $99 dress that I paid $25 for! 
Huzzah!
AND it's a size 6!!!
Double huzzah!!!

Me and my cute lil old man before church. :)

We keep most of C's stuffed animals at the foot of his crib in a basket (still outside of the crib) and he came out of nap time holding the wocket (There's a Wocket in my Pocket). He was cuddling it all evening. :)

Removing the Christmas tree from our house was a messy affair!!!!

Using some of my Christmas money, I bought some more socks because all of these cute, happy socks had holes in them… this picture makes me miss them… *sniff!


After a fun evening playing at J's parents' place, I came to get the boy and found him shirtless. Caught me by surprise. And it was adorable. :)

C likes putting things on his head. 



I've been lucky to find some people who go running with me. 
I've really gotten a passion for running. I love the exhilaration and accomplishment.
This was Tami and me after a really chilly morning. We both had frost in our hair.

When I would start cooking, C would come in, give me an apron, and have me put an apron on him. 
So stinkin cute

C's first Razorback shirt!!!!
"I've been a Razorback fan my whole life" Makes me happy

This was an interesting experience. I've been lucky enough to put C in his exersaucer while I shower and he would handle it pretty well. I knew he was getting a little too big for it, but I didn't have any other ideas and I really liked my shower not being after J got home.
This particular morning, he somehow got out of the saucer all on his own and opened the shower curtain to say hi to me!
SCARED ME TO DEATH!!!
haha!
So I hurried to finish my shower and got out to find him playing with all of my hair things. :)
 He didn't jump out of his saucer after that…

In January, I started to let go of my control and let C use his own silverware more frequently. It was a hard step, but he was thrilled. :)

Remember a recent post where I said we had some serious inversion and darkness and therefore unhappiness? :)
There was a weekend in which a LOT of people were so tired of it, they traveled northward and upward to find the sun.
We went with J's parents on their trek to find the sun. 
We tried out going to the top of what looked like a tall enough mountain and found this instead of the sun. 
A much more dense fog and lots of BEAUTIFUL frost. It was fascinating.

Then we came back down and decided to go further north.
And we saw it!!!

Oh man, you'd think it had been years without the sun from how we reacted. :)

We had lunch here in this cute little town, spent a little time there, and then drove back reenergized and much happier!


C loves playing with his cars at church. This is him sticking cars in every little pocket in his sweater. It was adorable.

C's first coloring page from nursery!! (he was able to go early for a month with a parent for one hour to get used to it)

I love being silly with this kid

He's just too cute.


 I love being his mommy


I was able to work a few subbing jobs. This was after I came home once and he put EVERY stuffed animal he had on top of me. :)

Feeding Daddy cheese

He's seriously a wonderful daddy

-Back to the recurring theme of the inversion we were plagued with-
We finally had a patch of blue sky...

And it stayed that whole day!!! It was lovely!!

This is my first documentation of his love for shoes. It's grown since then! :)

1 comment:

Jana said...

Haha, whenever I sit down to blog about a month in the distant past, I always draw a total blank until I flip back in my calendar and open my pictures on the computer :).

And I'm so glad you had January so well documented and ready to recap! It all looks wonderful; that dress is GORGEOUS on you and Clark is just darling in every single picture.