Friday, April 25, 2014

February Shenanigans

February brought lovely blue skies and less snow. It was such a relief!!

Here's the shenanigans of the adorable 18 month old throughout the month.

He got this car for Christmas and it has been such a nice toy! The biggest thing I wanted for a car for him to play on was that it didn't have noise makers. I like that it's a car, not a button. :)

C loves to point out planes overhead. Makes his daddy proud.

Right off the bat, he had to be told to stay out of the street. :) Curious little boy

Love these two

In February, we started an exchange with our friends. One weekend a month, we babysit their daughter, Gigi, and then they babysit C. We have used it to go to the temple. It's been really nice to have going to the temple scheduled.

We have decided, however, that we are happy that we don't have two kids this close in age. Gigi turns 1 in May and C turns 2 in August. Yikes, that would drive me to insanity! :)
We love hanging out with Gigi though!


Isn't she beautiful? Just a pretty little porcelain doll. :)

We really enjoy doing things for the Super Bowl. 
We went to J's parents' place and ate yummy food and cheered for basically both teams. :)
I have a yummy deviled egg recipe, so we made those for it.

This is the egg that broke the other way.

J put food coloring in some so that they were the teams' colors. 


I love watching Ellen. I love her enthusiasm, her humor, her kindness. It's an uplifting show in a downtrodden world. :)
So, of course, C loves Ellen, too.
Here, he's as surprised as the girl who was given a brand new car. It was priceless to see his astonished face.



Getting into everything.

Snoozing in the back seat

Not using the car quite right...

Watching Tangled

Hangin out in a box




Such a cute little scientist figuring out everything he can!!

Here, he was really mad that we brought him back inside. (Pretty sure this was after a snowstorm, so I guess February just brought LESS snow…)

Cuddling with Daddy

So this blanket is kind of an interesting story.
I started this blanket for a friend, Erika's baby girl… She was born last year, so I was seriously late when February rolled around and was basically avoiding making it in the end. (Sorry, Erika. :) )
There's a wonderful, sweet woman who was baptized in our ward a few years ago. Stacie was wonderful. She was a very faithful, earnest new member. She was such an example to me. I always learned something when we went to visit her. She moved out to get a job and hopefully get on her feet. She moved back into the ward this year and was due to have a baby in March.
Baby Sage came early, so we had a baby shower for her early.
When I found out there was a shower for Stacie's baby, I finished the blanket in 2 days. 
It made me so happy because the very next sunday that Sage came to church, she had MY blanket on her carseat. Made my day!!

This is Stacie's older daughter at the shower. Some people gave her gifts. It was cute. This was my favorite. It was pretty cool!

C started eating cereal for breakfast! Made breakfast a much faster affair! 

I'm working on my Personal Progress and one part is to read the entire Book of Mormon. I made it to Helaman in February. Now I'm in 3rd Nephi!

This boy LOVES coloring!!

Goof ball



I don't know where he gets it from...


This is when he first figured out that he could see his reflection in the spoon. It was hilarious.

hanging out behind the couch was his favorite spot for a while.



This is how he crawled behind the couch. Clever boy!

Valentine's day was lovely. C was a cutie. We got a babysitter and went to see Frozen. (LOVED IT!!!)
I gave J a "heart attack" on the garage door and a kit kat. He gave me The Mask of Zorro! :)

After V-day, Sam came to town! We hung out for a while, went to church, and, as if we needed to every time we saw him, we got sick!! It was ridiculous!!!
I felt so terrible to be so sick!!
Monday, after I felt a little better, we went to the aquarium. It's a pretty neat aquarium. You can touch star fishes, rays, sharks, anemones… It was amazing. And terrifying. C freaked out when I helped him touch a ray. He was NOT happy with me. :)


He loved the rest of it, though!



On this day, he got into his toy chest about 3 times. I never helped him!

Looking for Daddy after work. (Look at those cute legs and he's on his tippy toes. So. Dang. Cute!)


happily eating Spaghettios. :)


Standing on my feet. Such a goof

We got a valentine from Texas! C loved the sparkly hearts on it!

I got this recipe for Orange Rolls from a sister in my ward. Oh My GOODNESS! They are delightful! They're probably definitely not very healthy, but oh well.
I made the rolls because we had some friends come over. 
J and I are nerds.
We all know this.
While he was unemployed, J came up with a middle ground for our DND desires.
We love the big, long, Pathfinder version where you come up with EVERYTHING on your own and buy minis and have a dungeon master and stuff, but it takes a long time to get good enough that it feels really fun. 
Then we also have board games where you draw cards and it's luck and then you work as a team and defeat the bad guys/get the treasure. 
So big, extravagant event and simple, one-night event.
He made a middle ground.
We made them up ourselves, got to be awesome people with cool powers and abilities, and he's the dungeon master who tells us the story and gives us bad guys to defeat and a quest to fulfill.
But it's simpler. It's cool.
So we're playing with the Davis' and the Aja's. The Davis' introduced us to the Aja's and so we had them over for treats and to make our characters. 
Long story, but there you go! :)

C and I started to go outside a LOT in February. He loves his little car. And he looks adorable in his Daddy's hat.

Proof I'm raising him right.

Cutie

At the Dr. He checked out pretty well. I don't really remember the stats, but he had a huge head and smaller weight and height. This picture accentuates it and I LOVE it.

One sock on one sock off.

This is more of my shenanigans, but I placed a hold on a book in the library. 192nd place??? 
Seriously?? It's time to get another copy! LOL

Going on another walk after a rainstorm.

I like it when C figures out something cool to do on his own. Like jumping in puddles. I didn't teach it to him and that is awesome.


C likes to open the drawer in my bathroom that has my makeup in it. He takes out the eyeliner and draws on his eyelids with the eraser (thankfully!). Apparently, he bit my sponge I use for my foundation. It cracked me up when I looked at it, so I had to take a picture of it. :)
Happy February! (lol)

2 comments:

Tami P said...

That surprised picture is so cute! Also, where is that aquarium?! I guess I never though to check it out. Fun post. Gigi loves to visit you guys.

Jana said...

Okay, the last picture of the make-up sponge? I thought you were going to say he drew a face in it! Doesn't it kind of look like that? Haha, oh, Clark, what a cute boy! February looked way fun!!