Tuesday, April 8, 2014

J's Birthday Party

J's birthday is in December. We celebrated with an evening of his choices for food, dessert, and game at his parent's house.
We had shish-ka-bobs, I think. 
We don't have them very often because most of the things on them aren't my favorite things-peppers, onions, mushrooms... oh my

Then we played my LEAST favorite game. 
(Sorry Greenhalgh's! I just don't dig it. Wow, ironic? k. done…)
It's called Wildcatting. J's uncles made it. There are holes in each county and underneath are pieces of wood of various shapes and sizes. You shake the board up, then place it on the table and it doesn't move the rest of the game. You then buy properties and buy the pins-oil rigs- to drill for oil. If your pin hits a board, you struck oil. If it sinks, you didn't. You make money off each pin that hits oil.
It's tough and strategic with weird luck. :) J loves it and I don't. It's like Monopoly to me.

Anyway!
J got some things for his new motorcycle. He got money towards a helmet and a cool armored jacket.

One of his favorite desserts is Cookie Monsters, so we made those for him. He was happy.

Chocolate chip cookie, ice cream on top, then whipped cream and chocolate and caramel syrup. 
Yummy goodness.
I love my sweet husband. He is so special to me. I am thankful for him and his strength and the team that we make. He's a wonderful daddy and I love him to pieces!!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Thanks honey. I love you!