Monday, November 10, 2014

29 Weeks: Memories, Family, Cute 2-year old, and Epic Halloween

October 26, 2014
Week 29!
Same old same old. The space is getting to be less and less, but that's about all I can complain about. Maybe some heartburn/reflux as well. That's annoying. Yay for tums when I want to eat that pizza!

Monday, I got a text from my Aunt Marianne that she was passing through Nampa, so I ran out to see her! C promptly stole most of her fries, but it was a nice catch up! It was Marianne, Leah, Greg, and Annie. We hung out while they ate up and then they were on their way. Glad we made it work!

This boy figured out how to sign I love you finally!! Oh man, it melts my heart!!

I went out shopping to Gordman's (you been there, yet? Actually really neat! I like it!)
and it was cool enough to warrant a warmer jacket, so I went through the closet…
Not much to choose from! 
I pulled out my normal coat, but that didn't zip and I was NOT going to ruin a zipper on my favorite jacket!
I then pulled out my old letterman jacket. And it fit! Belly and all!
Oh the memories!!!
First, my letter is STILL safety-pinned there. Not sewn. I could sew it on easily, but I don't think I ever will.
My sweet friend, Patty, and I had an inside joke that we were like the sundial salesman in Hercules who comes up all sleazy-like and offers to sell them a sundial. We'd come up to each other and offer to sell a safety pin. Patty has since passed away tragically, so I love the little reminder of simpler, sweet, fun times.
Then there's the smell. Oh the smell! I don't really know how to wash this jacket, so it still smells like football games... Fall... Band... Boyfriends... Dancing at football games... Skipping to the band stand with Stephen dragging me along…
But the icing on the cake??
While on my way to the store, Photograph from Nickelback comes on the radio.
Whoa. What year is it????

My friends were running late, so C and I went to the store by Gordman's called "All About Socks."
A store devoted almost entirely to socks. You need socks? go there! wow. 
C tried on the panda hat. He looked darling in it.

With Halloween approaching, I'd been talking to my sister about costumes. She was Molly Weasley and was looking for costume stuff. I found this awesome sweater for Molly Weasley.
Kinda cute, but not at all me, so it was fun to laugh while posing in it. :)

We love FaceTime.
I call my poor, sweet mom all the time and she is so willing to sit there and look at C's forehead while he holds the phone grinning at Nana and not knowing where to aim the camera. So sweet.

We got these learning books recently and C has LOVED them. Thank goodness!
I loved this time, though, because he saw the brown haired girl and identified it as me. Then he pointed to the bear and said "Daddy!"
haha

We're thankful for walks. Not sure how many layers he'll need when we have winter on our hands...

I'm very thankful for the Izatts who don't mind us hanging out on their front lawn or pulling them outside when we come hang out. They have great toys out front, so we chat while the boys play.

C took this. I thought it was creative and cute. His teddy bear that he demanded we bring along sitting next to me while I held Baby Carma

When Carma started losing it, I pulled out the phone and had her see herself. It definitely helped. lol

We borrowed their hammer for my Halloween costume. It was cute how C wanted to hold it and the teddy bear

Another installment of life through the 2 year old's eyes...


I look frightening, but he still loves me… Thankfully! yikes!

Getting there!

When he figured out how to do both hands signing I love you, he showed Daddy when he was supposed to be in bed. J said "how am I supposed to discipline a boy who comes to the door showing me he's signing I love you with both hands??" haha

Friday was a day of preparing for Friday night!
A tradition in my family is to make Pumpkin Soup with "bad breath crackers" for the topping. Then Dad always got pizza because he wasn't a huge fan.
We planned to have DND that night and dress up as our characters, so I made pumpkin soup and they brought pizzas for if they needed more. :)

I sent this picture to my mom and said that we were enjoying our bad breath crackers.
She sent a picture of herself with hers as well. She also said that she wanted to do a picture like his, but couldn't figure out how to take the picture while on the floor. :)

We bought C's costume at a thrift store, but I made his little boot coverings!

Pumpkin soup is a puree, so you blend all the ingredients and then cook it all up. I used my Mother in Law's Vitamix….Christmas gift anyone?? Man, that thing is a beast!! So amazing!

Nap time was my time to get ready. I sent this to J. He was cute enough to tell me I looked hot. ;)

All curled before styling and stuff

Styled, sprayed, and ready to go!!


J grew out his beard and then shaped it all neat looking for his role.

The three kiddos at the door.
How cute is that?!
An Elf, a Fairy, and a Knight

My sweet, charming knight.
I am so lucky to get him forever!


So here we are! 
First, we have Sienna, an Elf Mage.
She is always wanting to free innocent creatures who must be misinformed and THAT's why they're attacking us…
Armor Class: 16
Health Points: 15
Speed: 7
Shoots a crossbow, but heals teammates within 8 squares up to 12 health points

Next is Ruby, a Halfling Rage Fighter
She is usually wanting to get the whole story, but is very ready to smash something with her hammer, Onyx.
Armor Class: 24
Health Points: 15
Speed: 5 (short legs)
Smashes with her hammer and does serious damage when angry.

Then there's Raz-High Kin.
He's a Half-Orc Fighter
He walks into talking situations with his axe in hand and muscles all flexed.

Armor Class: 21
Health Points: 15
Speed: 6
He wields a Great Axe and can take a swipe at every monster standing next to him and do some damage to each of them.

This is Flit.
She's a Dark Elf Adventurer-Magic, fighting, and rogue all melded into one.
She loves nature and uses magic to talk to the animals and convince them to stop fighting. 
If that doesn't work, she attacks without mercy.
Armor Class: 17
Health Points: 14
Speed: 9
She shoots an ice arrow which can freeze enemies who can't defend against it and also smashes foes with her war hammer.

Ahnriel is a Dark Elf Rogue.
She is an ace with her bow which has magic embedded in it to ensure accuracy and damage.
She also gets her way with anyone who might stand in our way just by her…persuasive….abilities.
Armor Class: 16
Health Points: 15
Speed: 7

Not shown is Korrin, the mage who loves to light things on fire before anyone can get a word in. He leaps then looks. We keep him around, because his fire really can be quite awesome. :)

This is our Dungeon Master.
He looked pretty creepy.
He's come up with a lot of stories since May and has dealt with our silly times and given us many awesome, epic moments.


The whole guild!

J planned on Halloween being our last night in the story. We had scheduled more days together, but this way, it didn't change how we played and ended epically before things got too hectic.
He did a great job. The culminating battle was fantastic. Complete with blood, guts, and smashing bad guys to bits. 


Saturday, we had a relaxing day together.
After Daddy went bow shooting with Brady and Andrew, we went to Texas Roadhouse and this cute boy sat in a booster seat! He did really well!
The rest of the day was spent together, resting, hanging out, playing Destiny. I've beaten that game now, too, by the way. ;)

1 comment:

Jana said...

Okay, I don't really understand all the DND stuff but holy moly those costumes are amazing! So cool that everyone was that dedicated and enthusiastic!