Monday, November 10, 2014

30 Weeks: Aw snap!, a 2 year old's perspective, YW in Excellence, and a Roller coaster

Here's 30 Weeks!
30 weeks, people!
Panic time! I have about 10 weeks left!
Oh my stars!!
I'm thrilled that I feel so good still. I am definitely losing the battle for space, but I can't complain since I have felt great otherwise.
At this OB appointment, she pressed on the baby as well to see where he was situated. 
His head is basically by my left hip and his bum is basically by my right ribs. Which is why I feel most of the quicker jabs on my right side from his feet. Funny kid. I feel like C was that way as well.

So 30 weeks hit November 2.
 "Caark turn!"
 "Daddy turn!"
 Do you like our little yellow ensemble?
J had a big Sunday on the 2nd. He was called to be the 2nd Counselor in our new Bishopric.
The Bishop is like the Pastor. He is the leader, the one who receives revelation for our ward, and oversees the well-being of the members in his area. The 1st and 2nd Counselors are his helpers. They do what he asks and help him to make decisions that are led by the Spirit. 
For me, it means that J will be gone for long hours on Sunday, I sit by myself with C, and then he is busy several times throughout the week as well.
He was set apart that Sunday. -given a blessing to do his new calling to the standard the Lord has set forth-
It was a beautiful meeting.
Since it was the first Sunday in the month, we had Testimony meeting.
The Stake President asked the previous Bishopric to speak, the new Bishopric, and then he spoke.
They all had beautiful testimonies. What got me the most was how many times the Stake President said how much the families and wives of the Bishopric are helped. It was like he was talking to me. The Bishop and his wife have a young family. The oldest is 11. The 1st Counselor's oldest is on a mission and the youngest is no older than 10 and then there's me with my 30 week belly, bawling my eyes out as I think of how this is going to be hard to be away from my hubby on Sundays and several times throughout the week for the next few years.

But in the end, I do feel like I will be helped. I have many angels around me who are willing to help at the drop of a hat. I have a Heavenly Father who cares for me and my little family.

The setting apart was during the 2nd hour of our meetings.
Another bawling session done by me.
Man oh man. So many promises, so beautiful, and so much love.
If anything I took from this day, I knew even more how much the Lord knows me and cares for my sanity. :)

So we're on to our next adventure!

That afternoon, he was home by dinner. Not too shabby.
His meetings will start at 6:30am on Sundays and he might be able to come home to help me get ready if I need him to. After church, he'll have some things to do for a few hours. So not too bad.


So on to Monday!
C likes to lounge and I think it's cute.

Monday night was when J would be ordained in the Priesthood to a High Priest, so his parents came. His dad did the ordination.
yet again, many beautiful promises.
This is C waiting for Nana and Papa to come since the moment he woke from his nap that afternoon.

C has discovered Trix. Yummy food that Daddy likes… Makes it even better!

These are a few pictures I've kept to show the world from a 2 year old's perspective. 
It's rather fun.
A closeup of our arm chair
 The back of my shirt with a Razorback Hog on it (I've taught him to say "woo Pig!")
 A selfie
 Took me a while to figure out what this was. It's the piano bench and the carpet.
 His favorite animal book
The hallway at the school where we voted
 More of those later.

He refused to get into his carseat like he should, so I took this picture. After the picture, he was much more inclined to sit normally. :)

 Impromptu girls' night!!
Becky invited me over to hang out Tuesday night!
We didn't start until 9, but then we painted our nails with gelish, ate yummy pot pie and cherry cheesecake casserole thingy, and chatted until about 12:30. 
It was wonderful.
I loved it so much!

This kid is funny. I think Tigger is in there. In his socks.
Maybe he's keeping him warm? I dunno….

My OB appointment was rescheduled for Wednesday and C had a cold, so he came along with me.
Everything looked good, the heartbeat was a solid 140, and C handled it really well! Last time I took him, he freaked out when I had the doppler on my belly. 
But this time, he sat there happily watching and recited his alphabet for the dr and her resident(not sure?)
This video was taken a few days later, but it shows how into the sound of the baby's heartbeat he has been since then. It's way cute.

Wednesday night was our Young Women in Excellence.
I LOVE this event! We had a lovely theme and everything was planned out by the girls!
We had several brainstorm sessions and then I just made some executive decisions.
The best part was that I then asked the leaders what they would like to do and they got teams together and did it!

Our theme was based off of a Color Me Beautiful theme I've seen online.
I don't have a great title for our theme, but it was that our Values lead us to the Temple.

The whole room was decked out in rainbows.
The food was rainbow food

We had the value color flags assembled by the piano

There was white butcher paper on each table with crayons so you could doodle and each table had water with ice cubes that had food coloring in them, a crinkled sheet of tissue paper, and a mason jar with tissue paper around it and paint brushes inside.

The entry way was all decked out in multi-colored lights 

Then we had space for them to show off where they are on their value pathway to the temple (so what they did in Personal Progress that year). Cool, huh?






They set up this lovely rainbow of balloons. it was impressive. Each balloon has its own tack (yikes!)

We wanted to give them something that night to remember the evening and to have to use later.
We gave them scrunchies for when they go to the temple for baptisms. I crocheted each little scrunchy. It was actually really fun and simple. I did 15 within a 24 hour block.

Then we got some white handkerchiefs and folded them and used paper to make them look like dresses. These are for when they go to the temple for their endowment.
It was really sweet. I hope they liked them.

The previous YW President came, so they were taking pictures. I jumped on that and got a picture of all the girls and some leaders. I love these girls so much!!


Earlier on Wednesday, C and I were on a walk (which usually translates to headed to the Izatt's house to chat and play with their outdoor toys) and while chatting with Jana, I got a phone call from J.
A phone call in the middle of the day is never that great, but his voice confirmed it was definitely not great.
He had been told that they weren't able to pay for his position anymore, so his hours were being cut down to 20 a week and his pay down by about 40%.
I don't think I'm ready to talk all about it and my feelings now. It's still too fresh on my mind and heart.
We'll just say it was a harsh blow for us. Many thoughts of "Why me," "why now," "what about all those great promises sunday" have come into our heads and many are lingering there still, clawing at our hearts.
Sweet Jana was sweet and caring as I sobbed on the phone with J. On my way back home, I called my mom in hysterics. She gave me sympathy and love and helped me get my chin up. I went home and cleaned up because J was coming home to be there for the rest of the week "so he could find something to do in addition to the current job."
So We're frustrated and wishing that things would be more obvious of where to go. I remember when J found this current job how I learned that the Lord doesn't care where you work as long as you're happy, doing something good, and providing. Now we just need to find the job that fits that criteria.
Prayers would be much appreciated since we're headed into the holidays and a baby on the way.

The next morning, Tami asked me to go out with her and she'd treat us to lunch!
What a sweet friend!
We hit up the mall and dragged our babes with us. They were troopers.
Here's a picture of their chocolatey faces after visiting See's. :)

C found a Panda calendar in the calendar stand. He screamed when I pried it from his hands. If I had the money, kid, I'd buy it!

While we were at the mall, he got my phone again and took some pictures. It's kind of fascinating to see what he sees.




At that point, both kids were just plain old done, so we went to the newly redone kid's corner. The first thing that happened was a girl kept pushing him to where he didn't want to go. I watched as her mom just sat there watching…um lady, your kid is shoving mine… Sure, he's a boy, but she's older, therefore should know not to push random strangers?
Anyway, they left and the play place got a little more friendly. He loved it.

Then it was time for lunch. We went to Noodles and Co. The kiddos split a mac n cheese and Tami and I both got the pesto pasta. Very yummy. It was such a treat and we are very thankful, Tami! 

Carefully putting the headphone in my hear. :)

Listening to the baby in his tummy. ;)

Toddler perspective. What is it? his stuffed Lion's mane 
 Action shot
 Mommy

Saturday, we had J's mission friend and his girlfriend over for dinner and a game. We made the two Brazilian dishes we know and played Wits and Wagers. It was fun. C LOVED drawing on his card for Wits and Wagers.
This is his first smiley face. He drew the entire thing on his own. It was cute to see his face when he thought, "hey, that's a smiley face! Look mom! A smiley face!!!!"

1 comment:

Jana said...

Holy moly, that was a pretty intense week - emotional/spiritual highs and lows, all mixed in together!! I love the pictures from YW in Excellence - that balloon rainbow is amazing. So cool. And I love all the pictures from Clark's perspective :).

We are praying for you guys! I hope the Lord's timeline gives you a quick, awesome resolution to the new job search!!