Thursday, August 25, 2011

An August Update

This month has been good! I've liked it! Then again, I've always loved August. The only bad part was going back to school. And even then, I was ready to see my friends most of the time, so school wasn't that bad.

I came home for a couple days at the end of July before leaving again, so J planned a big date weekend. We spent every moment together. It was fun. Some of it was going to Olive Garden together and to Captain America with Ty and Em. It was a great date!!
Then, I drove to Spokane for my friend Janet's wedding.
It was a 7 hour drive, but not too bad, actually. There were beautiful parts of Oregon and Washington that kept me occupied.
You know something kind of crazy? I listened to ONE mix the entire way there. My Disney Mix. What's so crazy about that, you say? Well, I didn't repeat ANY songs the entire 7 hours...wow.

Anyway, I went to her endowment at the Spokane Temple on Thursday.
It was beautiful. I was/am so proud of her! She looked just lovely, the session was very special, and I just loved being able to hug her in the Celestial Room at the end. What a beautiful experience.
I could definitely feel the spirit strong there.

Friday, we set up the reception. It was at a family friend's house. It was gorgeous.
Here are some pictures:
JP and I set this up. I'm very proud of it :)
JP's mother in law and I hung ALL of these lanterns. 7 trees, 8-9 lanterns each...that's a lot of lanterns
The beautiful couple :)


The next week was my birthday week!! I've always had the love of stretching my birthday from one day to an entire week. So it's a birthweek! This one was definitely a birthweek!!
Here's J and I at the Cheesecake Factory. YUMMY!!!
The rest of my birthweek consisted of Tucano's lunch with J and Paige and watching My Fair Lady friday night with J's family because I got that for my birthday. Then, Saturday, we went to Roaring Springs. I wanted to go to a water park and had never been to this one, so we went!! Linda, Kristin, Tyler, Ty, Em, Paige, and J and I went. It took some convincing for some, but they all said they had lots of fun. More than they expected. We had a blast! And we went on every ride!!!
It was an awesome birthweek. ;)


John bought a pretty new car. It's 1970, 18 feet long, and roars like a good, ole fashioned car. It's a cool car.


Last weekend, we went to a family reunion for J's dad's side. It was a beautiful park where there was a lodge with running water, big, spacious fields, and lots of space.
Here's a picture of the drive.
My handsome husband being the snitch while playing Quidditch
Gma and Gpa Taylor brought old coats and jewelry that we could take pictures in.
This was a mink coat that would be worth $7000 now. It was realllly warm. and Pretty!!!
The old farmers. I got to keep that bonnet! Gma Taylor made it for the pictures, so she said I could have it since I'm a teacher, I'll have lots of opportunities to use it!! :)
We made S'mores. J's had a HUGE marshmallow.
Kristin got my camera. so we had fun.
It's been a good month!!!

2 comments:

Kbburn said...

you live sucha beautfil life. :) august is one of my favorite months too. lots to do and see. :)

C@ssie said...

Oh my goodness! It is amazing that you didn't repeat any of those songs!!
P.s. I've never seen My Fair Lady and want to!