Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mommy Visit!


At the end of May, my Mommy came to visit!
It was so wonderful!

The day she came, I cleaned up. It looked pretty nice! :)

C loved having Gma around!

Here, he's climbing into his carseat on his own. This kid needs to stop getting so big!!

We went to Firehouse Subs for dinner. I love Firehouse Subs!


Reading with Gma

This is the beginning of our fence being stained. We had it power washed beforehand. It looked amazing just with the power washing.

This is our "before" picture.

C had some milk to finish, so I stuck him in the cart like I used to when he was a baby… He's a bit bigger now!

These are the beginnings of our awesome car quilt.
 J and his siblings had a quilt-just a simple 9-square quilt. They would get it out on Sundays and play cars on it. Their hot wheels would be the people and the 9-squares were the homes, businesses, and fire stations. J loved that memory so much that he wanted to duplicate it but better.

He mapped it out and planned it out and my mom took up the challenge. One of the days my mom was in town, we went to a fabric store with J's mom to pick out the fabric and have lunch together.

This is my boy coloring at Olive Garden where we went out to lunch. It was lovely!

On the way home, he zonked. It was a long day!!

"Chicka chicka BOOM BOOM!" C loves this book and his daddy is happy to oblige!

That weekend (Mom came Tuesday to Tuesday), Sam came over from Rexburg and hung out with us. I recruited my lovely wonderful amazing family to help me stain our fence! ;)

It's a whole new place out there!!

Not quite sure where we were headed back from, but he was tired a lot during this trip. We were busy every day!

This is when we went to Texas Roadhouse. He really wanted to see the moose over the door. Non-stop.
When he couldn't, it was terrible and horrible. how could we deny that?? haha

Gma was patient and sweet and took him outside to play while we finished eating. It was kind of a disaster… but hey, at least you know your child isn't the only one losing it in public about the silliest things, right? 

Some cute pictures


Monday, with the clock ticking, we planted the garden!!! Woohoo!
My mom is a master gardener, so I was so lucky to have her help for it!
We planted zucchini, spaghetti squash, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, beans, peas, corn, rhubarb, potatoes, and sweet potatoes.

Our "helper" hung out in his pool with his sand boxes

I saw an awesome idea on Pinterest…..
Can you see where this idea is going? ;)

It was putting herbs in mason jars, attaching it to a plank of wood, and it looks cute.
The problem is that the plants need a way to drain the water. They were drowning.
So I had to get them out (break some jars in the process) and plant them in the garden. So I had parsley, cilantro, thyme, basil, and oregano.



I love his tucked-in knees

When we were buying the plants, my mommy got me my first lawn "ornament!" I love hearing it in the breeze!



We also planted some lobelia and marigolds for the border. The marigolds were seeds.



C helped me plant some seeds. It was adorable. I'd go through and poke a hole and then he would put a seed in each one. I loved it!!





Tada!!

After that, we went to Meridian where there is a lovely shopping center and some pretty fountains that were designed by the same guy who did the Bellagio fountains. It's pretty cool. We went to lunch, went shopping, and watched the fountains….twice? 3 times? something like that. So fun!



This is where C and I watch for Daddy, so he made sure that Gma was sitting with us.




My mommy always leaves such sweet notes behind. 
I know I'm not alone in saying I love my mom and she's the best mom I could ask for. She's kind, amazing, helpful, beautiful, sweet, and just plain amazing. I always miss her so much.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Um, I love your mom and I haven't even been around her that much!! Sounds like an awesome visit!