Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Words of Wordless May

I figure titles of blogs are catchier if they're from a song, right? I love Venus Hum.

Anyway, this is a long post, so hold on, folks!

May was a good month. Several very bright highlights come to mind. I'll get to those later, though.

Here's my cute boy with a bruise on his forehead from a tantrum. :) See post from before.

My boys in the crawlspace. Yucky. Gross. Ew.

We went to Hyrum's 2nd birthday party that first weekend. It is at his gma and gpa's house which has a HUGE back yard. They had food, water balloons, a kiddie pool… it was great! C was running over to me for some cheezits and tripped on the cement stair cutting open his lip and gums and getting a bloody nose. We exiled ourselves to a corner to calm down and eat some of those terrible, mean crackers. Poor kid. 


You can see the torn up gums a little here.


We love going outside. It's a great, free, simple excursion. I get to follow him around, hold his hand across roads, and we sometimes go to see our friends who just had a beautiful baby. :)
This picture makes me smile. What a cute, funny boy.

Chowing down on corn on the cob.

He is starting to imitate us a lot more. He is figuring out our routines and what we do. I love it. Here, he's putting on my shower cap.

My boy is also quite smart. He LOVES reading and numbers and letters. In this picture, he was balancing numbers on me wherever they would stay. :)

A little tired?

 See that white stuff? That's hail! It just came down randomly that day. It was so loud and crazy! And then it was gone. Melted quickly, too.

Balancing blocks and practicing numbers while also identifying animals by sound. :)

So dang cute.


My boys on Mother's Day. They're both so amazing and sweet. I am one lucky girl.

My Mother's Day photo

Gigi came to play one day, so C was sweet and pushed her around on his car. It was quite cute.

See? I told you he liked books!

In May, we put in a garden out back!!!
So first, I got to sand and stain 16 foot pieces of wood.
I was nearing the end of sanding and staining when I got a MASSIVE sliver.

See????
Oh my word, it hurt so bad!!! It was huge, I was home with C taking a nap, and I was shaking and crying, so I couldn't see through my tears or hold still enough to pull it out. Thankfully, my sweet neighbor was just pulling in from the store and she was able to pull this sucker out!
It was terrible.
I did a good job staining, though!
 About a week or so later, we had Eric and John and Linda come help set up the garden. 

Eric brought Gigi.

They dug a trench into the grass so the boards could be level and in the dirt.

Then 4x4 posts were put in at each corner.
That was tough work. Hammering, digging, hammering, hammering, hammering.

C and Gigi were so willing to help.


The next morning (?), we finished putting posts in and nailing everything together for the frame. (There are posts int he middle of the big 16 foot boards also.)

Then we had some friends come over to help put the dirt in. We laid down cardboard to block some of the grass. (I sprayed some roundup underneath the cardboard, so hopefully not much grass will find its way to sunlight.

The Davis' and Aja's were the ones to come help and Amanda was on picture duty, so she got one of her little one swinging. :)

Miriam and Amanda were mostly on kid duty while the rest of us put in the dirt and mixed it around (We did 2 kinds of dirt)

Andrew and J took off their shoes and walked around in the dirt to mix it and stamp it down a little.
Kinda nasty.
The garden looked beautiful! I was so thrilled!!
C liked playing in the dirt, too. :)

Moving back to earlier in the month (we skipped around to follow the progress of the garden… )
I love that C is comfortable laying on top of his toys while he reads a book. 

Love this kid



 I just thought this was adorable. He put Christopher Robin in the back of his car, just like you're supposed to! Smart little boy! (Sorry, most of the pictures I have will induce sappy 'I love this boy' statements. Feel free to skip them.)

After being 97th in line for this one copy the entire Treasure Valley Library system has, I got to read Allegiant!
It took some getting used to with switching character perspective, but overall, it was a good read.




This was funny. My boy loves baths. Probably because it's warm…
I filled up the kiddie pool on a very hot day and he FREAKED out. This was him getting mad at me because 
a) I put his pool toys in there and they were going to drown, 
b) I was taking pictures, and 
c) I was laughing while I took said pictures. Poor kid.

After a lot of tears and saving his pool toys from sure destruction, he was finally willing to touch the water and stand in it. Definitely not splash or sit in. :)

Along with identifying numbers, he's been learning how to count to 10. It's been cute.

Playing with this awesome toy during my oil change.

Perfect sand boxes. No need for covers, no need to worry about dumb cats… I love them! 
Flower pot and sand. Done. We also have a canning ring that we put in there and then the other person has to find it.

I planted a new rose bush (last one was diseased) and the roses were beautiful! 

Ha! This picture makes me laugh. C really likes coloring. He knows that you're supposed to color the one item instead of just scribble randomly. He also has an obsession with eyes. And in a Dora coloring book, it's kinda creepy.

One of C's favorite stuffed animals is my Abu from when I was 5. Love having my treasures treasured again!

Ah, a not-so-sappy-cute picture! I'm pretty sure he was mad at me for trying to take off or put on his pants. Either way, it was funny.

I got a pretty new motorcycle helmet. I love it! Floral design in gray on the sides, drop down visor which I can switch between sunglasses or clear. I like it.

In my family, we sneeze in the sun. Ever noticed that with you?
In my family, we actually sneeze more than most people. Every generation, it seems to get less and less, but it's still there. When I sneeze because of going outside into the bright sun, I can hear my dad saying "Good girl." :)

My boy definitely has it, too. Poor kid is very sensitive to light with his pale eyes. So we got some $5 walmart How to Train Your Dragon sunglasses. I love it. When he puts them on himself, he does it upside down.

Gpa reading to him before bed.

Coloring on the floor.

This was when we got to meet baby Carma for the first time. Our friends down the road and in our ward have 3 boys and now this one girl. C loves babies, so we jumped at the opportunity to go see her. She's adorable. Man oh man!

C likes wearing my ring when I take it off to lotion him up, so we put on Daddy's ring, too.



concentrating on his game

hehehehehehehehehehe love it

After he woke up, all he wanted was to play in his room, so I put him down. When I came back in later, he was surrounded by all his friends happily playing. Makes me wonder what he thinks and how he plays. Do they have personalities yet? Or are they just pretty toys to play with? So fun. I love all the learning he is doing!!!

Coming up: Mom's visit and a special announcement!

No comments: