Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oregon!

I finished my Student Teaching and we went on a vacation to celebrate. J's parents have a timeshare with a company where you can get a hotel anywhere they have one. So they let us borrow theirs in Redmond Oregon. It's in the center of the state and it's very pretty. The drive is kinda boring, but it is worth it.
Our first day, J and I rented a bike for the two of us. There are paths all the way around the resort, so we just went on that. It was exhausting but fun.
Then, we toured the area. The resort is between Bend and Redmond so we went to Bend one day.
I love the white mountain in the very back of this picture.
On our afternoon in Bend, we decided to get as close as we could without directions to the mountain. We ended up going across this tiny bridge and onto a dirt road for a while. Pretty views. The pictures don't do them justice.
In Downtown Bend, there are tons of fun stores. There's a candy shop where when you walk in you're overwhelmed by the smell of sugar. It coats your throat and you just want sugar. Right then.
We bought some... ;) I got warheads. I LOVE sour candy. Warheads are the best. I love them. YUMMY!!! So this is J trying one out. heehee

Before:
And when he pops that sucker in his mouth. heehee
We also got a kite. J loves flying kites. I have honestly never really flown a kite. We tried in our front yard, but it works best away from hills, trees, and houses. :) So J got to teach me.
Here I am flying the kite (and showing him up, if I may say so myself)
Pretty
The highway the resort was on was called Cline Falls. We saw a sign that said "Cline falls" with an arrow. We followed it. No falls. Just a river. It was pretty though.
I love this man. He's my favorite. I think I'll keep him. Forever and ever.
More of the "falls"
Then, we visited Redmond. Not as much fun. But there was a yummy ice cream shop we went to. This is a chocolate/oreo shake. I love oreos. they're delicious.
It was a great vacation! We went swimming, slept in, watched movies, read, explored, biked, walked, and had a lot of fun!
I like vacations with my hubby.

4 comments:

Jolyn Laney said...

i don't know if we went to that condo but one of the places had those carts that you can go on the path just like in your first picture. they are fun! you have a really good camera! what is it? it takes really good pictures! i LOVE the kite one!

Unknown said...

What a fun little trip!! Congrats on finishing your Student Teaching :) what an accomplishment!

Oh, and btw....I LOVE sour candy war heads TOO!!! Once you mentioned them, I immediately began salivating. Yummy!

Love you!

Liz said...

Lu's comment on photo #11,
that's mine Jason!
(with a squinty, scrunchy face!)

Ben and Erika said...

So fun! I am jealous you were in Oregon. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! Congratulations on finishing!!!