Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I love you.

I LOVED my student teaching. I taught 1st grade in Nampa, ID.
I love 1st grade. They are absolutely adorable. They think the sun rises and sets with you. They think you know everything. They are positive that the thing that matters the most is recess. They are friends with everyone. I love it.

These are the adorable kids I got to teach this semester. In this picture I'm missing Drake, Eduardo, and Maddie. This was on my last day.
They wanted a silly picture so bad. :)
In this one we have added Drake and Eduardo. Maddie was sick.
And the crazy picture. It's hard to fit everyone when you're striking a pose. :)
I made cupcakes for the last day. Funfetti cake with creamy frosting. Very sugary. They loved getting the frosting on their noses. I should've taken a picture of that. But I think you can imagine the silliness of frosting with 7 year olds.
These are the valentines I got this year. My favorite was the Ghirardelli chocolates. She's my hero. :)
On my last day, the kiddos gave me beautiful cards. They are all so so so so sweet and heartfelt.
One says "You are pride" I asked him what that meant. It was supposed to be "pretty." How cute.
Another says "Roses are red, violets are blue, I love you."
One says "I hope you like your new gob." (job)
Lots of love from those sweet children. I got a hug from each of them and one cried her heart out. I held it in until that night when I could cry into J's t-shirt.
Every day, I would get these kinds of love notes, too. During our read-aloud after lunch, the students were allowed to draw or color or cut things out. I would hang them up on my wall by my desk. This picture is one of four of all of the pictures I got.
I love getting very cute and thoughtful gifts from 7 year olds.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I think first grade is definitely meant for you. :)

mardie said...

I am so proud of you! I think you are pride too! I wish you could find a gob in Arkansas.