Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Natalie


Happy Late Birthday, Natalie!!

So I've started this small tradition for my blog that I'm hoping I can continue. I've wanted to do a blog on every birthday for people really close to me. So far it's been family and so far, I've done okay.
I was doing my sister's birthday blog and realized another best friend didn't have a blog. But then if I do a blog for every best friend. oh man, I won't be able to blog about my life!!

But this one needs to be done, I think.

This is my cousin, Natalie with her hubby, Kenny.
Isn't she beautiful?!
Natalie and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember.

We played together at every family gathering. She's a month younger than me but has always been taller than me.

It's fun because we go through life at just about the same pace and same times.

I remember when I started my period before her. When I was staying at her house, she started hers, too! I remember that I scared her to death. I still feel bad. At the time, I didn't realize how much I scared her. But looking back, man, that wasn't nice of me... :)

I remember at Gma and Gpa Manwaring's house how there were these huge blue mattress/pad things. We would use them to slide down the stairs over and over again. I remember Tressa telling me I shouldn't squish my favorite cousin when I was squishing Natalie with one of those mattresses.

I remember when Natalie moved to Utah. I was soooo excited! I remember how in the house they rented, they only lived a 3 minute walk when you climbed a fence or two. But it was about a 15 minute walk if you went around the houses.

I remember playing barbies, dress-up, and especially school. We would take "Roll" in school.

This is when I was moving. We had a superstar party and I brought my cousin with me.

This is at a family reunion. These girls are so big now! Erika and Allie are now young ladies. What does that say about Natalie and I?? :)
Natalie came down to Arkansas to go to EFY with me in Texas. We had so much fun!
This is at Corky's.

Back to the family reunion...We are half of the "Fearsome Foursome." Oh, good times.
Such a wonderful girl!
At EFY

After EFY, we had a fun time at my house. We had a teaparty where we had to show up as a character from a book or movie. Honestly, I don't remember who I was. But it was fun to use all of the fancy china and dress up!
Jumping forward a couple years or so.... :)
Here's Natalie with her sweetheart just over a year ago. I was able to go to their beautiful wedding and see this boy cry because he was so happy to marry this wonderful, gorgeous woman.
They are so sweet together and have lots of fun with each other.
Here's Natalie with her wonderful siblings.
I am loving this time with Natalie. She and I talk a lot more often than we have since we were children. We talk about life, about issues, about fears, about the future, about our families, about marriage, about scary things, about exciting things. I love talking to her! We have so much fun on the phone even though she lives soooo far away! I hope one day to be able to live close to her again!
That would be awesome.
Happy birthday last week, Natalie! I hope it was wonderful!
Love you!

No comments: