Monday, July 9, 2012

32 Weeks & 4th of July

On the 4th of July, we went to J's family's place for the day. First there was a breakfast with our ward that we went to. It was nice.
Then, we brought our good friends, Tami and Eric, with us to Star where we had 4th of July festivities!
We played games, ate yummy food, relaxed, did crafts, and shot off fireworks!

This is the fruit pizza I've been dying to make. I LOVE fruit and this was sooo yummy! We put mango on it, but I don't think we'll be doing that again.


I can't find a way to rotate this picture, so just turn your head to the left and admire the pretty fruits

In the baby's room, we're putting the whole alphabet up. I've asked some friends and family members to decorate letters for us so that it has lots of variety. 
These are the ones we did on the 4th.

I made my own mod podge and it worked really well. Just did half water half elmer's glue. It did pick up the paint on Tami's letter, so watch out with mod podge on paint!

This is the C that I did. :)

And I signed the back....I signed as Mom. weird!!

Tami's letter P for Porter
Paraiso means paradise in spanish and portuguese. 
She did a beautiful job! I think it looks stunning.


This is the Y that J did. He had this train that wouldn't work, so he painted tracks on the Y and then glued it on. It's so clever!!

After he finished, he realized that he needed to sign the back. And he couldn't just put his first name. He needed to put "Dad." He freaked out a little... :) But after leaving it out on the table with the marker conveniently by it for about 4 days, he signed it. So cute. He may not agree, but I know he'll be a wonderful dad.

Friday, I got a rebate for my year supply of contacts that we bought 4 months ago... yay! 
So since we had a bit of cash again, we took it to Burlington Coat Factory and bought a crib mattress! It's new, not lumpy, and seems like it should last a long time!!

Earlier that day, I found out that the crib set that we registered for isn't available anywhere in stores or online pretty much here or in Utah. So when we were at Burlington, we looked at crib stuff. We had liked doing neutral colors so that we could reuse it for a girl one day. The set we chose for the Babies R Us registry was adorable. I loved it. But we wouldn't be able to get it.

The mattress we chose had smudges of dirt on it because the protective plastic had ripped. So the manager gave us 10% off. When we told her we had a 15% off coupon, she said she'd give us 15% off and we could get another thing with our coupon. SCORE!

So we pulled out our favorite crib bedding sets and eliminated choices. We realized that if we got a gender neutral one for our boy, we'd be thinking it was too boyish for our girls one day. Soooo we figured why not go boyish now?

So we bought this one!!

It's planes, trucks, cars, scooters, buses...and it's really cute with blue, green, and brown. I like that it's not all cartooney but it's patchwork. I'm so excited about it!!

Saturday, we played DnD with J's family. It was fun. Then we watched The Vow. I cried. It wasn't quite what I expected, and J really didn't like it. But I think it was good overall.

This is my 32 Week picture. Taken July 8.
I think I really look big and pregnant here. I certainly felt big and pregnant.
Church was a HOT, long 3 hours that day. I came home, hiked up my skirt and laid under the fan until J came home to take my picture so I could then take off the sunday clothes.
 Today, I had my Dr appointment. Everything's looking great. His head is down, so we're getting to a point where he doesn't have much room left. :)
One day last week, he was shoving sooo hard on my right side, I thought I'd split open. It was as if he was saying, "alright, I want to knock out THIS wall so I can put my couch here!!" It's not like I was hunched over or something!!! Silly, defiant Little Mr!!!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Great blog!! I did enjoy the Vow I just didn't like how it ended. (Just to clarify). :)

Tami P said...

haha, i can still remember the freak out moment When Jason was about to sign the back of his letter. Thanks again for inviting us over for the 4th! It was such good times!

mardie said...

No monkeys?