Thursday, July 26, 2012

34 Weeks

34 Weeks Taken on July 22
 
I've been feeling more and more tired this week. 
*The belly has definitely grown, but no one really believes me except J since he sees it much more than others do.
*Birthing Class was about how to breathe, what positions to help you out with labor, and how to relax. I'm definitely feeling more confident in my abilities because of this class. It's still pretty scary to think about, but a lot less terrifying and more of something I can do since I can't really avoid it.
*I went shopping with my dear friend who is helping throw my baby shower next week. We chose papers for the activity we're doing (I don't like shower games...). 
*J and I have been keeping our weekends super busy because soon, we won't be very social while we figure out how to be parents :)
*OB appointment went well. I brought my mother in law and two sisters in law so they could hear the heartbeat. I lost 4 lbs (not sure how) but the baby has grown, so they weren't too concerned, but hopefully I've gained more weight this week since I go back next week. 
*We're in the weekly visits now!!! Eeek!

I made another blanket for one of J's coworkers. She's having a girl a couple weeks before I'm due. But she doesn't like classic pink for girls. Girls can do any color, so I used the green I had from my jean picnic blanket.
There are two kinds of greens in the blanket. The middle one is the one I started with with leftovers. I used the green and a shiny white together for the pattern. Then, I ran out. YIKES! Walmart and Hobby Lobby didn't have the right dye, so I just bought one and decided to make a border of sorts. 
It still looked funny when I had it all together, so I did a small outline of white. Looking through my small stash of craft materials, I found some white ribbon. I weaved it into the spot where the colors changed and it looked sooo much better!


So I weaved it in, hand stitched it closed and was very satisfied with the end product. Go me! (I just hope the hand stitching doesn't come out...that would be embarrassing...)


1 comment:

Jana said...

That blanket is super cute! I love the ribbon; that was a really good idea to 'border' the different colors. And I'm excited for your baby shower; maybe I should RSVP right now while I'm thinking about it, haha!