Friday, June 8, 2012

26 Weeks

I remember feeling pretty good in week 26. (Picture taken May 27) It was a crazy week, though. I finally contacted my Visiting Teaching Companion and we went teaching. But I scheduled the meetings right after school and right before my appointment at 5:30, so I was exhausted and crazy afterwards!!

I subbed 5th grade that Thursday and Friday (the 24th and 25th). They were PSYCHO!! Oh my word! They drove me crazy! We had a good time, but man, they were difficult! I had one kid trying to climb out the window at one point. Twice. (so I guess that's at two points) But they did really cute things too. They were making papers about each other where it has your name and then attributes about you like "awesome, cool, nice" written all over it. I got one hand written and it said stuff like awesome, cool and nice, but it also said "Watermelon stomach" and "I hope your water doesn't break in school." Such thoughtful kids. :) They also made me a t-shirt for their kickball tournament and it said "Best Sub Ever." So sweet!

Then, Memorial Day weekend was nice. Rainy for the Saturday, but Monday, we got to play outside for a bit. I don't enjoy running while pregnant. My belly bounced all over the place...awesome visual, I know. So we did a version of soccer that has less running. It was fun, but I got really really warm and worn out, so I watched while they did batting practice-kind of like a home run derby. That evening, we played Dungeons and Dragons. J is the dungeon master in a group of me, his dad, his mom and his little brother. When his sister moves back for the 7 week break in August, she'll join for some of the games. 
It was fun. 
My character is awesome. 
That is all.

No comments: