Monday, June 18, 2012

Sweet House!

It's been a while since we've been in our new house, but I still haven't put up pictures! I took these before going to Arkansas so that I could show my family. I uploaded them and thought they got onto my ipad, but they didn't. And I didn't bring my computer with me, so I ended up without them.

This is the master bedroom. We don't have anything hung up yet, because we're still working on deciding what to put up. We put up the ceiling fan ourselves. It's beautiful. But poor J hits his head on the pull string thingy almost every time. He's still learning to avoid it. 

 These are the beautiful new nightstands we got. They're kind of antiqued black. We got them at Hobby Lobby. I love my new Bride Scentsy with the pretty roses. Then the lamps we got off of Craigslist for 75 for all three!

This is opposite the bed on the other wall. Maybe eventually I will put something on the cabinet and make a throw pillow.

Turning left from the above picture, you have the way to the rest of the house through the right side, our dresser and my jewelry, and then the master bathroom through the left. If you kept on turning to your left, you'd be back at the first picture with the bed. The master bedroom is nice and big. It's great.

The jewelry I want to put on a board with knobs and stuff so that it's organized and off of the top of the dresser. I really like that idea (c/o pinterest) but I just need to get started and I have other things I want to do more.


Then, we have the master bathroom. Dual sinks, lots of space underneath, good drawer space, a great shower with a curved rod for more space. It's awesome. On the right is a doorway to our walk in closet.

I love walk in closets. I'm now organizing my clothes into "doesn't fit" and "does fit." At the very back is a shirt that will not fit for a very long time. :)

This is the dining area. Just outside of the picture to the right is the way to the master bedroom. The sliding doors overlook the back yard. It was bright outside, so the picture's a little dark, but you get the basic idea. It's nice and spacious.

Basically pivoting 90 degrees from the last picture, we have the kitchen. I LOVE this kitchen. It's fantastic. I have a window into the back yard, a disposal, a dishwasher, counter space, oh it's glorious! And I'm having a lot of fun with the red. I have a red kitchenaid, a red apple rug in front of the sink, a red trash can, red dish towels, red flowers above the sink...It's a lot of fun.

Turning left is the living room. The door in the far end is the front door. We got the brown couch from J's aunt and uncle. We really like it. 
This ceiling fan is new, too. We couldn't use any of the lights in the previous ceiling fans because some smart person cut the cord to the light. We figured out why in the living room. The light switch turns from on to on. It flickers a little when you flip the switch, but that's it. So J is the only one tall enough to turn on the light. Otherwise, I open the blinds or get a chair. :)

This view is standing by the red couch in the window nook. The hutch is J's great grandma's. Another hand me down from his aunt and uncle. I love having a hutch. It's very beautiful.

If you go down the hallway in the pic above and look in between the two rooms on either side of you, there is a bathroom. We've gone with a blue and green theme. It's very pretty. We have a poster of a sea turtle on the back of the door right now. I want to get a frame and put it on the wall, because it ties it in beautifully.

This is the baby's room. It's in the back of the house and definitely not finished yet! I took this picture before coming to Arkansas, so now there are a lot more things on the floor. I'm loving getting ready. 
Today, we're getting a free crib! I'm super excited.

This is the front room. It's always a work in progress because it's the office/guest room. We'll hang up more things and get it more organized, but it's going to take a while, probably. I'm just glad I have a filing cabinet. It was one of the first things we got for the new house. I was done with my expandable files.
 This is the other side of the room where we will put a twin sized bed for guests. It'll definitely help the room look more complete. The pink trash can is going to be spray painted and put in the baby's room.


It's a wonderful house. We love it and enjoy having our own place. I'm really excited to have it look more and more complete with pictures on the wall, a guest bed, the nursery all finished, and a little boy to complete the group!!

Very exciting!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

that awkward moment when your baby sister's further in your life plan than you are :)

the pics look great! can't wait to see it in person someday!