Monday, June 18, 2012

Arkansas

May 31-June 7, I got to go home to Arkansas. My parents live there and I grew up there. I'm not sure how long it will take me to not call it home. My little brother is going on a mission for the church at the end of June, so he went to the temple for the first time to receive his endowment. (see Mormon.org for more information) It was beautiful. I am so proud of him. He will be a wonderful missionary.



I got in to Little Rock at about 3:30. Then, my sister and friend threw me a baby shower! It was so fun!!
Here's the picture of the gifts I got. 

We visited, ate yummy things, opened presents, and decorated onesies. They all turned out so cute!!!

Friday, Mom, Liz, Meg, Lu, and I went to lunch. It was very yummy burgers. Oh my word yummy!!
Here, Lu is throwing a penny into the fountain. Meg threw hers in before the camera was turned on. :)

After lunch, we went to Charming Charlie. Best accessory store EVER. It's HUGE, has everything you need or want, and it's all organized by color and quite affordable. I got a beautiful scarf and an awesome watch.
Here's me with Meg (6) and Lu (3) with fun hats on

Lu LOVES sunglasses. She always has a pair and will wear them inside if she wants to as well. She said she didn't mind the lines in these glasses. They looked pretty sweet on her. And Meg put on a pair and did a pose. :)

This is most of my family. MMae and their kids stayed in Little Rock while the rest of us drove to Memphis for the temple. It was a beautiful, spiritual time to be there with my family. I loved it. Sam is the one with the pink tag. So handsome.

Mom brings in flowers from outside and they tend to bring bugs with them. This one has a pretty cool spider web on it. Instead of getting rid of the web, we took a picture. :)

Tuesday that I was there, we went to a baby shower for MMae and baby Eden. It was so cute! Yummy treats-best icing ever- great company, and cute gifts.

Eden is one of two. Her twin brother didn't develop normally. He was very far behind and much smaller than her. A couple of weeks before birth, he passed away. It was a very heartbreaking time. It was especially difficult to mourn because here was this beautiful girl but her twin brother wasn't there. Gabriel is definitely Eden's guardian angel, though. He stayed around until the last possible minute so that she could be healthy. She didn't even need a trip to the NICU.

I got to meet Eden on this trip. She was born in March, so she's starting to smile and be more aware of her surroundings. It was lots of fun to play with her.
This rose was set out at the shower to remember sweet Gabe.

My mom and Sally with Eden.
Sally was like a drug to this girl! She would hold her and seconds later, Eden would be asleep! It was impressive! Sally said it's because she's her visiting teacher. :)

Maria Mae opening gifts. I gave her a swimsuit to match the cute little swim hat she got before. It's adorable.




Here's little Eden Joy. She looks so like her brothers!!

This picture is definitely my favorite of her. So cute and cuddly. When I took the picture, however, my camera made a shadow. I sent it to my sister in law to see if she could edit it. Et voila! She did a fantastic job! You can find her work/contact info on Facebook under "Laney Photography."

Eden all sleepy :)

My mom made this quilt for my baby. It's got sock monkeys all over it! So cute, huh?
Check out cuter pictures and my mom's blog about it here.

Also, for the nursery, I'm doing an alphabet wall. It's the whole alphabet with different sizes, patterns, all that good stuff. It's going to be awesome. My mom did the ombre O, I did the Q, and my sister did the F. So fun and cute!!!
The week was awesome. Lots of swimming-got a little tan line- :) lots of family time, great bonding time, shopping for maternity clothes, getting DRENCHED in a torrential downpour, getting nails painted with gellish, a hair cut, it was great.


No comments: