Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Aloha!! Day one in Paradise!


So, after seeing the Las Vegas Strip, we went to sushi with J's cousin-that was wonderful sushi!
Sunday morning, we went to a sacrament meeting at the closest church building.
I had my testimony strengthened that day that the gospel is the same wherever you go. No matter what, it still has the same authority, same teachings, and same love.

That afternoon/evening, we got on a plane and went straight to Maui!
Here's our plane.
When we landed, we saw my younger brother Sam headed to the bathroom. We gave him a quick hug and went on to baggage claim. Dad called me and asked if we'd seen anybody yet. Mom was getting a sign that said "Curtis" on it and leis for J and I when we got down the escalator. We didn't see her until after we were past the escalator. But it was sweet anyway! J got a candy lei and this one was mine. It smelled wonderful!!
Sunday night, we slept for....3 hours? and got up to drive up the volcano.
Mt. Haleakala is the dormant volcano on the eastern half of the island of Maui. We are on the western side in our hotel, so we had a 2 1/2 hour drive to the top of this volcano. It's 10,000 feet above sea level. Because it felt like 7 am for us mainlanders, we went up for the sunrise which was at 5:47 or something like that.

It was gorgeous!
Will, Jake, MMae, and Liz
It was FREEZING at the top of this volcano!
What you see is clouds above land and ocean. Not the water. :)
Here's the crater at the top
J and I in front of the rising sun. It wasn't that bright. We were so dark I had to lighten up the picture to see it was us! :)
There it is!!!
This could be a beautiful postcard!


So then, we've all seen enough and are FREEZING, so we headed to the car to get macadamia nut pancakes and coconut syrup on our way down the mountain. But J wants to show me something. He ran me back to the edge by the railing and tells me how much he loves me. How I'm the most wonderful thing in his life and that marrying me was the best thing he'd ever done. Then, he pulls out a wedding band!

My wedding band was supposed to be white gold, just a plain band for our wedding. When J's luggage got lost in transit from Fayetteville to Little Rock, the wedding band went missing. I just told him he could save up his money and get me one with diamonds in it next time....And he did!!!
It's soooo pretty!!!

I cried and put it on and ladies nearby watching said "that was just beautiful. Congratulations" :)
When we got back to the cars, I showed my family. None of them knew about it! They were all pleasantly surprised and very impressed. :) my boy loves me
Then, we went down the mountain. Here's the view of the other side. (the sun is behind us)
This is the cute place where we had our yummy breakfast. Very good stuff!!
Jake and MMae
When we got back, some took naps, some went and laid by the pool. J and Sam and I played at the beach.
Here's the beautiful beach. And the island of Lanai.
Our sandcastles! Sam's is on the left. He made one that looked like a Mos Eisley building.
Mine is the middle. Just a castle.
J's is on the right. a pyramid. :)
Sam is a handsome young man. Where did that little boy go??
Then we met everyone at the pool. That was fun!!
J perfected the smoothest splash EVER. We usually didn't see him enter the water until he came back up.
MMae screaming her way down the slide.
Soo! here's our adventures in Hawaii from day one!! We sure loved it!!!

2 comments:

Jason said...

I love you honey. It was so fun surprising you on top of the volcano. Hawaii was also a blast. I can't wait to go back!

Ben and Erika said...

Now that was too cute. It's like being proposed to all over again, but even better!!! :D :D I love the wedding band. :)