Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day three in Paradise!

So we're on to Wednesday June 8th in Kaanapali, Maui, Hawaii.

We got up SUPER early and left for a scuba trip. We had to be at the boat at 6, so we had to leave the hotel at 5:15. Mom got stuck on the elevator....cough....so we were a little late...

We met the crew and got all settled on the boat. The first place we went to was Molokini Crater. It's a beautiful crater in the middle of the islands that was created from a vent in the hot spot when the islands were created. It was a pile of ash that created this little crater.

Within the crater is a lot of beautiful stuff! It's a protected reef and has lots of gorgeous fish and coral.

This is Mom and MMae headed away from Molokini
Molokini Crater
me and my eternal sweetheart
A turtle!! This was before our second dive at a wreck called St. Thomas. There's a turtle cleaning station there, so we saw LOTS of turtles! When I was down there, one was swimming towards me and came within 2 feet of me! It was scary but awesome!!

Sorry the pics are a little out of order. I'm just glad they uploaded!!

This is back at Molokini.
There's me!! I love my mask. It's awesome. :)
J blowin bubbles!
Lotsa fishies! They were just hangin out above the reef, so this picture was to get both.
Can you find the cornet fish?
After our scuba trip, some people took naps, some were shopping for dinner stuff, so MMae, J and I went to Whaler's Village just down the beach from our hotel.

This is J with the skeleton of a Sperm Whale.
On our way back, we took pictures with the funny statues. MMae has the ones of her and me. I'll get those when I'm in Arkansas and post them later

Our beautiful beach.
J's gonna win this race!!

No comments: