Friday, January 18, 2013

Disney World Day 4!!

Wednesday, we went to EPCOT!
This one was kind of the unknown park that I really didn't know what to expect. What I wish is that I had 2 days to go. I AM thankful that we had fast passes, though, because the biggest ride there was definitely very popular, so I'm glad I didn't have to wait over an hour for a 5 minute ride.

The big silver ball (shown below) has a ride inside of it where you learn about the history of humans and the possible futures you might have. It's pretty cool. The adults liked it but the kids could've lived without it. :)

The biggest ride that we went on COUNTLESS times was Soarin' over California. Yes, we were in Florida, but the ride was pretty cool! I loved that they had scents for when you went over the water, the orange orchards, and the mountains. So cool.

The Finding Nemo ride was really cool. There were scenes from the show projected into the water where real fish were swimming around. Very cool. C loved it of course. I think we MIGHT have a scuba diver on our hands! (secretly...but not so secretly anymore.... cheering)

That's all I'm remembering for rides there at the moment, so I'll move on...

The rest of the HUGE park is all about the world. There is a section for Canada, France, UK, Morocco, Japan, China, US, Norway, Mexico....LOTS! With the fast pass times and C and just the sheer distance from point A to point B, all we really had time to do was go to our meals and the rides.

Here's a picture of me in front of the Epcot ball.
 And J

We went with my oldest brother, Jake and his family to lunch at Marrakesh in Morocco. Oh my word.
Melt in your mouth delicious lamb shank. 
My mouth is watering remembering the amazingness of it!!
*sigh

Cool live music

*Back Story*
My sister in law (who is awesome by the way) and I have been great friends for as long as I've known her. When we went to Hawaii in 99, I think, she and I were asked to learn to hula dance up on stage. It's one of my favorite pictures.
So when the belly dancer came out and asked for girls to dance with her, we HAD to go. :)
Love you, Moon Pie!


So then, for dinner, we ate with PRINCESSES at Akerhaus in Norway. 
SO AWESOME!!!! AAAAHHHH!!
My oldest brother didn't go since the only girl who might one day be interested was 9 months old... :)
So here's a picture with all of the princesses (and super S) with Belle.

As I said in the last post, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. So I got some time with her. :)
C thought she was pretty.

I think I'd love to be a princess! Too bad...

When we found out we were going to Disney World, I had found out that I was pregnant that morning. I had visions of princess pictures with my little mini-me... but we had a boy. Instead, I think I got something better!!
J let me get princesses to kiss him. So Monday, we got Tiana's smooch.
Then Wednesday, we got tons more!!
Here's Belle kissing C

Smiling for Aurora


Cinderella thought he was so cute.


I thought she was adorable too

Snow White

Ariel

C got tired from the kisses. :)

When I got excited about C getting kissed by princesses, my sweet daddy said that C has been kissed by a princess every day of his life. :D

cool fountains in rhythm with music

Best firework show I have EVER seen. AH-MAZE-ING!!!!
 and C slept through the entire thing. :) Funny kid.
 EPCOT was really cool. I loved it!!

7 comments:

Jana said...

That's so cute about your little dancing tradition with your sister-in-law! (I'm pretty sure if something's happened twice it's considered a tradition...). And Clark is SO cute with all those lipstick marks, haha!

Tami P said...

What's funny is, You and I have the same favorite Disney movie and I don't think we ever talked about it! Or maybe we did, but I forgot. I love the Epcot center. I think it's my favorite out of all the parks. :)

Kayla Bainbridge said...

So how was traveling with C? We are nervous to take our C anywhere because it will be a hassle.

Grace said...

Kayla,
traveling with C wasn't too bad. The diaper bag was STUFFED, so that was annoying...
but with flying, just make sure you nurse during take off. Don't be fooled during taxiing...I almost was since he was unhappy.
Another thing is that when you're flying, everyone understands except jerks... :) and most of the time, they don't even notice that your baby was screaming at all.
So feed on the way up, and pacifier on the way down so that he's sucking on something.
and toys.
My baby carrier was a very big help when I was alone.
We checked the car seat and stroller at the gate, so that we could have them in the airport and that was nice. I brought little entertainment for myself because I was holding C the whole time.

Kayla Bainbridge said...

Thanks Grace,

Was it hard to travel by yourself? What about nursing on the plane? That seems awkward!

Maria Mae said...

Dancing with you is always fun!!! I love you Grace!!!

Grace said...

Yes, it is Moonpie!! :) Love you too!!

Kayla,
It was tough, but the fact that I'd done it just a couple weeks before made it easier. And that I didn't have to worry at all about the carseat or my luggage helped a lot. I hated going to the bathroom, because I didn't have time, so I had to on the plane and just hand him off...that was a little freaky for me.
nursing on the plane was fine. I just made sure I wasn't in the middle. The window is easiest because you have the wall against you, but the aisle is nice to get out of your seat. I think that depends on the baby.