Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Disney World Day 7 and traveling home

Saturday, we went back to Magic Kingdom again since it was probably going to be a shorter day anyway.

We went through Cinderella's castle this time. So beautiful. I want a castle. ;)

Look at those eyes! mmm!
J left after snarfing down a lunch at Tortuga across from the Pirates ride. The plan was that he would come back to Idaho and I'd drive with my family back to Arkansas. Then he'd come to Arkansas for the week of Christmas.
Needless to say, I cried. A lot. It was my first time alone with C. And he is my best friend. 
Earlier in the day, my niece started crying and my sister told her that the only one allowed to cry at Disney World that day was Grace because she had to say goodbye to her husband.
*sniff

Anyway...

I bought a Minnie Mouse shirt. Excuse the whole mirror picture...

After J left, I stuck myself to my parents' hips. We went on the Pirates ride and I got this AWESOME picture of my dad. He was embarrassed that I then put it on Instagram and facebook...and now my blog. heh. Sorry, Dad! 

But seriously. How cool is that??

We were pretty much done at about 3. So we left to get to the beach. We would stay there for the night and then drive back to Arkansas the next day (Sunday).

This beach is absolutely stunning. 

The sand was so soooo soft! I'm used to Hawaii sand. This is so fine and nice! I think it's the first time I actually could've stayed on the beach for hours. The beach in Hawaii is mostly just great because it's a beach and it's Hawaii. This sand was soft! I can't get over how wonderful the sand was.

Isn't my niece adorable?! I love this picture. 

C and my feet and the water.

Me and my boy. Such a cutie!!

First time in the ocean!!
From what I can tell, he liked the sand, but was unsure about the cold, foamy water. 
When I put his feet on the sand, he curled his toes and dug them in to figure out what it was.
It was difficult to keep him in the water without getting his pants wet!!


Lulu really enjoyed the beach. Her dress was wet probably up to her waist. 
We went searching for good shells. She would bring her mom broken ones-ones that we wouldn't choose-but she would point out how this one had stripes or this one was pink or this one had polka dots. Seeing the world through a child's eyes is really...eye opening (for lack of a better word)


Footprints!

My niece M picking up shells

 My dad just sat down and buried his feet.

We spent the night in Panama City and then drove back to Arkansas the next day.

 This is C VERY done with the car early on... :-/

Mommy watched a movie on the car's system, so C listened for a little bit, too.

 And he slept sometimes, too.
I LOVED Disney World! I can't wait to go back with my family as my little family gets bigger!
Thanks, Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Liz said...

i love how you completely glazed over/ignored the final trip to downtown disney for dinner! :)