Monday, January 21, 2013

Disney World Day 6!!

This has been fun to go through the days and remember how fun it was! I'm so excited to take C back when he's older and bring his siblings-whoever they might be- one day!

Friday, we went to Animal Kingdom!
C started out the day tired on the bus

We got there right as the park was opening, so we saw this place where you could take a picture and had to use it before the people with expensive pictures came and took your picture with their camera instead of yours...

I LOVE this picture of my dad. Heehee

Me and Lulu

In Animal Kingdom, there is an Africa side and an Asia side along with a Dinoland. I don't remember a sign like this one for Asia. But this was a cool doorway to Africa.
 We're in Africa looking at Asia here. See Mt. Everest?
By the way, Mt Everest is the COOLEST ride I have EVER been on! Smooth like butter for one thing, then it's also just plain nice. Animal Kingdom is humid, so it's a nice relief to feel the breeze. Plus, you see the Yeti, go backwards, and it's totally awesome.

While we were waiting for our safari ride, we walked around in a zoo-like section of the park. The best part -based on the amount of pictures- was the monkeys. There was a "room" where tons of birds were just there. It was really cool. But I must admit I was nervous about a bird pooping on my head the whole time...

In this one, the little girl (right) is playing with her mom by taking the straw from her hands and dancing around. It was so funny!

A gorilla at the bachelor pad

Then we went on a safari ride. Pretty cool. Really really fast paced. More than half of our pictures are too blurry to make out what's being photographed... oh well. we got some!

Hippos

Birds

More birds

Lotsa hippos


Cool tree

Fake termite mound






Did you know that flamingos are pink because of all the shrimp they eat? No joke!



Baby elephant!!

 Lazy Lion (...licks a lollipop)


This ostrich was really close to the jeep



While we were walking to somewhere else, we saw this lady come out of the trees. It was pretty cool.

My boys

We went to watch the Lion King show. It was a really cool live musical with gymnasts, actors, characters...very fun.



My niece, M got to help with one song by walking around the stage with a maraca.



C watched avidly for the whole show, but when they sang "Can You Feel the Love" he zonked. 
Typical boy. haha

There was a nature walk in the middle of the park where you could see the animals and read about them.

These parrots didn't even have a cage. Apparently they're well-fed

This tree is AMAZING. I realize it must be mostly fake, but it's still gorgeous and fantastic. There are a bunch of animals engraved in the side of this tree. It was like I Spy!



There's a corner of the park where they have character meetings. While the rest of my family went to another show, we went and saw my favorites! When I was a kid, Pocahontas came out. I was OBSESSED. My back yard was from the movie, I didn't like parting my hair, because Pocahontas didn't, and I hid in the tiny little wilderness we had (maybe a 5x20 "grove")
Pocahontas rivals Beauty and the Beast for favorite.

Here's me with Grandmother Willow (on a stage)

I got a picture with Pocahontas! It was funny because looking at the line, it went little girl, little girl, grown woman, little girl, little girl little girl... ohhh yeahhhh...

And she's a princess, right? So she had to kiss C!



We saw King Louis and Balou!

And...Safari Donald?
 We told him that C was kissed by princesses, since he had the lips marks still, and so Donald kissed him, too.

We ate at the Polynesian Resort in their Ohana restaurant. Yummy luau food!
J, C and I sat with my brother and his family and it was really funny. We exchanged awesome jokes such as these gems:
Why did the mermaid wear seashells?
Because B-shells didn't fit! (heehee)

What did the snowman say to the other?
"Do you smell carrots?"


I took a picture with J at the grand canyon in March 2012 of our feet on the edge of the canyon. So here are our pajama'd feet after a day of walking at Animal Kingdom.

And C laughed that night, too!! It was so cute! I picked him up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....
Thankfully we got a video, because when I went next door to show my sister, he didn't perform. 
Silly guy!


2 comments:

Jana said...

As always, awesome pictures! I'm pretty sure I will never make it to Disney World so I love being able to live vicariously through your visit, haha :).

Emily said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of all the short sleeve wearing that was going on! Looks like you guys had an amazing trip!