Monday, September 29, 2014

21 Weeks: zucchini cake, a chair, bees, bruises, learning, barbarians, and motivation

Week 21! August 31
Feeling a bit better from the cold, but I don't think it was all the way gone yet. Part of me wonders if it was partially from the color run and getting all of that dust/corn starch in my nose. Since it lasted longer than that, I'm going with stress and maybe it was instigated by the color run.
Pregnancy-wise, I'm basically in only maternity clothes. It's comfier and easier to deal with as far as pants falling down and such. :)
I feel comfortable, my ring fits, and yes, I get those lovely pimples to remind me that my body is doing weird things. :)

My boys admiring the airplanes from the airshow that continued on Sunday as well. Having WWII airplanes soaring overhead in the middle of the Sacrament makes for an interesting Sacrament...

 J's parents came over with dinner that night. Usually we go to their house 30 minutes away, but they offered to come over. It was definitely really nice. We made chocolate zucchini cake. 
Oh. 
My. 
Goodness.
DELICIOUS!!! (who wants the recipe??)

It was Labor Day weekend (Have any of my readers given birth on Labor day? Someone should sometime. That's a cool claim-to-fame), so we wanted to buy C's big boy bed the next day with all of the mattress sales.
So the nursery needed to be rearranged.
This is what it was like before. I LOVE this room. The alphabet may or may not be my favorite part.

Part of getting a twin sized mattress was the requirement that this chair go away. We used to have it in our living room-Linda found it and thought it would make a great gaming chair for J while in college. We've had it since.
They took it home with them to give to a man who moved into their ward and had ZERO things. Pots, pans, lamps, couches… Glad it went somewhere helpful!

We started making the zucchini cake that night without realizing we had no eggs. I asked our good friends if they had any eggs we could have. She gave me her garage code and said to help ourselves.
Of course, if you have free reign of someone's house, you may as well leave a "hello."
We stacked all of their Honey Nut Cheerios in a tower and mounted a flag atop the Cheery Cheerio Tower.
The next day, she sent me a text apologizing for the messy house we had to "endure" as we made our way to the kitchen. I told her it wasn't even noticed and asked if they noticed our "hello."
She said they would go and find it. 
I got this picture in response. 
Score! 

That afternoon, we hired a babysitter to watch C while we went on a motorcycle ride!!
J's best friend, Brady and his wife joined on their motorcycle. (The guys have the exact same bike. J's is 2 years newer. That's it. I think they love that fact.)
We drove out to Marsing the scenic way. Then we went to Homedale for ice cream and back home past peach and plum orchards. It was beautiful!

Here's the four of us!

This picture was harder to get, but I like it.


 I had an interesting experience with a bee on our final stretch.
Ready for this one?
I have a half helmet, so there's a space between my ear and the straps there. 
A bee hit it. It hurt because we were going so fast (55mph?). The problem is that then it got stuck! So I'm kinda flailing around trying to get the bee out from in between my ear and the straps.
I must have turned my head, because once it was gone, I felt a little movement in my shirt!!
EEK!!
So I pull aside my shirt, and lo and behold, between my boobs is a bee! YIKES! 
It's kinda rolling around trying to figure out what to do. 
So I scream, scoop it out, and freak out a little.
Poor J is driving a vehicle on 2 wheels, at 50mph while I'm freaking out, so he's slowing down, swerving a little, and freaking out not knowing what's going on. haha
Brady then freaked out behind us because he sees me flailing and sees J driving less-than-normally…
We stopped at a stop sign a little later and I got to tell them about the bee.
Oh man, it was scary!
I didn't get stung, so that's the best part!
Anyway!


Here's C's nail from that week. Looking a little worse. Thankfully, he doesn't notice it at all.

Shredding cheese with Daddy

Not only are we working on saying more words, but we are trying to learn some colors as well. 
At this point, he can say Blue and Yellow. If I tell him the color's name and put it in a place, he can then put the other ones in that place, too. So I give him a purple 3 and say "this is purple" and he will put it in the purple pile. We're getting there!

This is how we empty the dishwasher.
Sorry about the tons of movement. Maybe I'll get a video taken by J so you don't get to see how I run… lol

Veggies from the garden! So pretty!

Before we got the big boy bed, this was how the room was set up. Kinda cute! The only problem is how close the crib is to the window. Looks like we may have some training to do for the new little Mr.

Here's the room with the big boy bed!
We got Thomas the Train sheets for it, so it's called the choo choo bed.
I'm taking some notes, so once we are used to the bed, I'll tell you how the transition went.

We went shopping with Nana C earlier this day and when he woke up and she wasn't there, this was how he reacted. Poor boy!

Ready for a geek-out??
This is my mini for our DND game. (they start out silver, made of a metal of some kind)
Her name is Ruby. She is a halfling (think hobbit size)
She wields a hammer called Onyx and gets mad easily. When she gets mad, she goes into a rage (barbarian) and deals about twice the damage.
She's kind of awesome.
She's my favorite character I've ever made. That includes any video game, any other DND game, anything. 

Amanda (one of the girls we play with and the other wife on the bike ride) went to beauty school where she learned how to paint nails -small objects using a small brush, right?-
She figured she'd try out painting minis and found she not only liked it but did a fantastic job!
She painted Ruby for me!!
Isn't it amazing?!
I'm so thrilled!
 I mean, seriously. The thing is less than 2 centimeters tall!
 So cool.

k, geek out over.

here's my boy as I went running to prepare a little more for my 10K I had coming up… And I started to think "What was I thinking?!"

His nails grow really quickly, so I had to clip this one back a bit further than the others. It looked like it was peeling back a little. Fun stuff! 

Apparently we are kind of suckers for door-to-door salesmen. We should probably put up a no-soliciting sign… (but we haven't, because they can be great opportunities. For instance, we took one lady with us to the temple open house!)
A girl came by selling really fantastic books at a really good price for what you're getting. They're educational, colorful, and C loved them.

Here he is reading away and identifying the pictures. His favorite is the panda (By the way, Kung Fu Panda is called the "black and white movie" if you're ever saying it in front of him!)

I got a sweat band from the color run and C loves to put it on. This was his hair after wearing it for  a few hours one day. So hilarious.

While home alone with Daddy one night, they discovered the joy of jumping off of things. This is our Rock Band Ottoman we keep in our room. It holds games, controllers, guitars, the drums. I love it. 
Anyway, it turned into something where C would stand up on the chest and demand saying "Go C" over and over with fists pumping. See video below.

Overall, a good, busy week! I love 4 day weeks, too. More time with the hubby is always wonderful!!

No comments: