Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 22: Jewelry, recipes, crying, the force, friends, the nail(s), and a water park

Week 22 September 7
Feeling pretty good. After Week 20 with being irritated after church, we decided that before church pictures would go better. I'm happier, feel prettier… world is better… :)

C was so funny after I put on my jewelry. He wanted to look like Mommy and wear pretty earrings and bracelets, too. So I put my Choose the Right bracelet on him and found some stickers I wouldn't need and put those on his ears. He loved it. haha

We made these the weekend before and they were really yummy! (c.o. Our Best Bites) Have I mentioned how much zucchini our garden has produced?? HOLY MOLY!!! We have gotten some HUGE ones! the cute picture of the bowl from last week? Yeah, take that times 4 and that's the size. Then there are about 4 of those!! 

Big boy bed training is rough.

But if you act better and your mom is tired enough, you can watch a movie!

We saw a video similar to this online and had to try it out. C hadn't seen the video, but somehow knew exactly what to do. Nerd? Sure!

Headed outside in a chilly morning. I love the "MOOOMMM! Stop taking pictures" face.

With his neighbor/church friend, Lolo.

Reading about Pooh and Tigger ("poohteeko!") while I jogged.

So after about 3 weeks, the nail decided to really make a good effort to fall off! He came in to where I was and showed me his finger. He was probably playing with it a little…
I called my mom and she said check with C's doctor and my dad-who is a doctor.
C's dr didn't answer. It rang and rang and rang. It was weird. Usually, I get answered and then put on hold. So after sitting for 5 minutes, still holding his hand still, I gave up. 
When I called my dad, he asked for some pictures from different angles. (works for this bloggin mama!)



 His advice was to clip it short so it wouldn't snag and wait for the nail to fall off. It would take its time, but it's better to wait.

So here's clipped short (No, no bleeding, just gross skin under the nail.)

And a cute bandaid.

He loved his bandaid. :)

On a walk to deliver some goods to another preggo friend. I needed the stroller since it was long enough I didn't want to carry it. What I love is that as he was pushing the stroller, he'd say "vroom!" when he went and "Errr!" when he turned every now and then.

Remember getting Gelish for my birthday?
I ordered my lamp and set and stuff and here's my first time using it! It's an LED light, so it only needs 10 seconds to cure! Crazy!!! with my sister's lamp, it took me 1.5 hours. With my new lamp, it only took me 45 minutes (I couldn't trust the 10 seconds, yet, so I went with the 30 second option for my first time. :) )

At the beginning of the summer, we got free tickets to Roaring Springs. When I found out I was pregnant, we postponed it trying to figure out the best use of our money, since slides aren't really an option.

And then it was September and we had to use them stat! 
So we went on the very last day possible. It was fun! 
We started at the kiddie pool with fountains and a few slides. C was more interested in looking, so we walked around for a while. 

We watched Daddy go down the HUGE slide that goes straight down (Not kidding, the floor drops out from under you!) and then we went on the lazy river while he went on more slides. The river was COLD! But if you sat in a tube, only your bum got wet and you got used to that. I sat in a tube and he sat on my tummy/lap. He would snuggle every now and then and we just sat absorbing sunlight. The current was better than the water park I grew up going to, so it was nice that I didn't get stuck.

C's favorite part was the wave pool. It took some getting used to, but then he LOVED it! I liked it most because it was warm!! (the day was in the 80's and a little overcast) He liked to jump over the waves when they were cute baby waves at the end. We sat there and let the water lap onto us and walked around there. 

J went on a few more slides and when he got back, we left. It was really quite fun!

The straight up and down one is the purple and white one just behind the yellow ones seen here.
A good week, yes? :)

No comments: