Saturday, September 27, 2014

Gender Reveal and a 2nd Birthday!

The day after arriving home from Arkansas, I had a Dr appointment.
I was 19 1/2 weeks and expected to have another 4 weeks before I could find out the baby's gender.
When I got there, my nurse was surprised to see me alone and told me they had planned on my ultrasound that day.
What? So I texted J to see what he thought.
I had seen some cute ideas on how to surprise the hubby about what gender the baby was and liked the idea of making it a surprise for him.
He was willing!
So I got all jellied up and she did some poking and prodding (on my very full bladder) and found a cute, healthy baby!!

My pictures during the ultrasound aren't as great as they were with C since I was solo, but the photos she gave me are great! To spare this kiddo embarrassment of privates shown on the very public web, I'll just tell you...
 IT'S A BOY!!!
We are so thrilled! 
Part of both of us wanted a girl and hoped for a girl and kinda thought it was a girl, but a boy will be better for us for now. We need a cheaper baby, so not needing to redo a nursery or aaallllll of the blankets or most of the clothes (however, August vs January puts us in need of a different wardrobe…Working on that one…).

So I got to hang out all day knowing what it was! I went to the store and bought a few items for how I would reveal baby's gender that night.

In the meantime, this day was also C's birthday! He turned 2! 

He figured out pretty quickly how to tell people he's 2 when they ask.

He is such a ball of fun. 
He's energetic.
Favorite food: crackers/chips
Favorite drink: Milk
Favorite movie: Kung Fu Panda
Favorite animal: Panda
Favorite book character: Pooh & Tigger (Usually said at the same time "Poohteego!")
Talking: Took a while, but after Dr appointment day after birthday, just exploded with words! Right now, he says "I Yoo You!!" (being translated "I love you")
Favorite color: Probably blue (only one he really can identify/say)
Favorite friends: Lolo, Hymo, Tess, and Gigi (Logan, Hyrum, Tessley, and Georgia)
Favorite Game: Chase-He likes being the one who is chased
Favorite place: "Home!"
Favorite Cousins: Mimi and Lulu!
He loves church, books, running, jumping, climbing, "emptying" the dishwasher (*see being chased), movies, going on walks, cars, baths, letters, music, stuffed animals, animals and their sounds… 
We love this silly, sweet boy.


So Daddy came home from work and I had a bowl of M&M's on the table. 
The M&M's could have been peanut for boy or peanut butter for girl.

His face upon seeing the sign and task ahead

Before trying an M&M saying "so it's a boy?"

He bit one open and said "it's a boy!"
 He's very excited. We're both so thrilled and anxious to meet this little boy!

While he went to scouts that night, I made a cake! The goal is to have a hole in the middle filled with candies the color of the baby's gender. I found the recipe on Betty Crocker.
 It takes 2 mixes and more than one can of frosting. 
The bottom layer stays complete and then you cut a hole in the next two layers.

Fill with candies


And cover!

We let C blow out candles on it and then we cut it open.

And blue gum balls came out!!
J's parents and sister came to see the gender reveal. 
Afterwards, we did some presents for C.
Nana and Papa gave him a cute fall outfit, a Superman sweater, and a wooden train set! 
Auntie K got measurements so she could make an apron for C. He loves helping in the kitchen, so he needed an apron of his own. She gave him a reversible one with Clark Kent on one side with a tie and Superman on the other side. I love it so much!
We're pretty excited about it! Baby boy got a pair of cute shoes when they found out the gender, too. :)


 Saturday, we had another party. This one was a joint party with some friends for me and C. He chose the cake, which took forever. He wanted all three. :)

We had a simple shindig in our back yard with frisbees, a soccer ball, the swing set, a pool, and just hanging out with friends!


Love the simplicity of this cake. :)

Nana and Papa went to Canada recently, so he got a jersey as well! :)

After his diaper got too wet to keep up, he swam naked. haha
Thanks to everyone who came! We loved hanging out and chatting and loved the gifts! We truly have wonderful friends!! Love you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHH! A boy!!! I'm so excited for you :) One of these days we'll get our boys together. They'll be best friends. Love you, Grace!!

Jana said...

I can't believe that Jason was that patient and waited until after work to find out! So cool! Love all the ways you shared the gender, and of course I'm so excited for another cute little Curtis BOY in the neighborhood :).